Poser crash on big scenes

• I've gotten Poser 11 Pro to crash twice now rendering large architectural scenes. In the last crash I had rendered out the scene with the stock model once and everything was fine, then I used the basic Cycles glass shader from the mats menu and got it to crash when 80% done. I'm running W7 Ultimate with 16gb of ram. Poser is updated to the latest patch.

• Poser Ambassadors

Did you see whether Superfly was using up all of your memory?
    Was there a Windows Error Report popup? If so, did you copy/save it?
    Is your machine set to save crash dumps for Poser?

• @seachnasaigh said in Poser crash on big scenes:

Did you see whether Superfly was using up all of your memory?
    Was there a Windows Error Report popup? If so, did you copy/save it?
    Is your machine set to save crash dumps for Poser?

Hey
    No error report and I did not see any way to save one. I got one of those warnings that said "Poser executable has stopped working." Strangely enough I am unable to re-create the crash now. The other crash I had was on a different model but same large architectural kind of thing. BTW right now I'm just rendering on the basic preset render settings + caustics turned on.

• @ghostship

I am rendering a series of pictures in order to create a small comic. As I am using the Queue manager, the computer has been running at 100% for almost three days in a row. The third day, it crashes on a scene. Once I rebooted the computer, the background rendering of the scene ran fine...
    That being said, if the scene was to be too big for the actual RAM, W7 would use its swap file, so that I'm not sure that its depending on the size of what is being rendered. It would only be slower.

• @Y-Phil said in Poser crash on big scenes:

@ghostship

I am rendering a series of pictures in order to create a small comic. As I am using the Queue manager, the computer has been running at 100% for almost three days in a row. The third day, it crashes on a scene. Once I rebooted the computer, the background rendering of the scene ran fine...
    That being said, if the scene was to be too big for the actual RAM, W7 would use its swap file, so that I'm not sure that its depending on the size of what is being rendered. It would only be slower.

got to be some messed up windows bug.

• @ghostship said in Poser crash on big scenes:

@Y-Phil said in Poser crash on big scenes:

@ghostship

got to be some messed up windows bug.

I'm not astonished: even android-based mobiles need to ne rebooted from time to time...

• Hi there

I would suggest have always opened Task Manager or better get SIV,its great little SW which helps you

http://rh-software.com/

Please check again if you are not running out of memory,if yes please check how much you are running Virtual Memory,if you are running 16GB,add extra 16GB for Virtual memory or maybe more,but still I would rather upgrade memory if budget allows,extra 16GB shouldn't be very expensive

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.