How to install Content Paradise Characters into Mac

• Hi,
    I am a newbie to Poser 11 and I can not find any info online as to the proper way to install paid for content that I buy from Content Paradise website.
    I am installing this on a Mac with the very latest operating system.
    Any help is appreciated.

• @sgustine
    Hi, I have a mac too. And the installation is same for PC as for mac. Your new product when you unzip it has to have a runtime folder that is inside an enclosing folder. Put it in a big folder with all your other runtimes. I chose a folder called PoserAll for this. This is how mine looks: - 0_1469539250907_Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 11.19.52 PM.png
    then after that you have to point poser to the new content.

• @estherau to point poser at the folder you have to either use a python script if you want to load multiple external runtimes, or you just do it within the poser library0_1469539549644_Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 11.24.50 PM.png
    see the little icon with the plus sign. press that one and then navigate to your new content after it has been unzipped.

One more thing. Be wary of free stuff as it often has render restrictions eg you may not be allowed to sell a render with free content, or you may have to give credit. it's better to avoid it altogether until you know what you are doing.

• @estherau
    when you have your character, all it will be is a pose file for some pre-existing figure that you would have got or bought separately

• estherau's method creates a new library for each downloaded product, which is fine if that's the way you like to organise your content.

I like to keep just a few libraries and add new content to them. To do this, I hold down the Option key and drag and drop the new Runtime folder into the required library folder, alongside its existing Runtime folder. In response to the prompt message, click the Merge button.

• Hey thanks a million for all you worked out great!
    I do have another question you might be able to help me with though.
    I am wanting to make animated cartoon bible stories and I have Cinema 4D, Poser 11 not the pro version yet and also just bought Vue Studio 2015.
    Also have Photoshop.
    Can you all take a look at this short video clip and tell me what software do you think they might have used to make this?
    Did they use Photoshop for the initial scene? Not sure how they animated the river water. The people and donkey sort of look like poser figures, but not sure how they did the inside stone wall. Not sure how they did the outside stone walls either, they sort of look 3d, but also look Photoshop. What is the best way to go about doing something like this in a similar fashion?

• @sgustine So you want to make animations? If it is just a comic there would probably be a different process
    I am making a comic and if you are interested in this type of artwork i can tell you more
    but if you want to make animations there are a number of different possibilities. This may be easiest for you:-
    Love esther
    PS merging runtimes like another poster suggested can become problematic when you have 1000s of external runtimes. it becomes hard to find the pose set or mat files that match the clothing etc. Also on mac, there is a possibility of accidentally overwriting your runtime if you misread the warning message etc. Also if you accidentally put something into your combined runtime that you dont want like a free thing that has a restriction, it is hard to get it out again. So I like to keep mine separate. you can virtually combine the runtimes anyway using semidieu's advanced library manager which is a really useful script that is on rdna
    I like this script because it does partial poses and I can find all my content quickly, and I can readd my runtimes all in one hit if I switch poser versions etc.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.