This Can Handle Large File? (Keep Crashing)

• Hi Guys,

I just tried Clip Studio Paint Pro, and I think I like it, still confuse with the shortcut, but I like there are a lot of great features on it.

Btw, this software can handle large files? e.g. 1GB file?
    Usually I have no problem at all with photoshop when painting poster size 300dpi (800MB-1GB file size), smooth, no lag, responsive,

But, when I made a sketch in Clip Studio (5MB size only), it keep crashing/not responding on Windows 10 64bit.

So, before I'm draw further, I want to ask first because I don't want to lose all of my project, this software can handle big files? let's say 1GB file?

Spec: Windows 10 64bit, i7, 16GB RAM, ATI R7.

• While I've never had a file reach the 800 MB range and I don't work at poster size, I can say that the program should not be crashing with a 5MB file; even if it's poster size. As a test I opened a 24X36 inch canvas at 300 ppi to see if could crash it using multiple layers and painterly brushes. I have half the RAM you're working with and while the brush stroke was a little laggy, I didn't crash the program (I got to the 60MB range before I stopped).

Have you gone to File>Preferences>Performance and checked your settings? I use a separate drive for the virtual memory and have allocated 6GB. Your undo count can also affect performance.

I know that this doesn't answer the original question of whether or not the program can handle a 1GB file, maybe there's someone that has reached that size and can comment, but if you crashed at 5MB then there's something else that's wrong.

• @Kris said in This Can Handle Large File? (Keep Crashing):

Hi Guys,

I just tried Clip Studio Paint Pro, and I think I like it, still confuse with the shortcut..

You can assign your own shortcuts by going to File>Shortcut Settings. The interface and workspace of CSP is highly customizable. Add features to the Command Bar at File>Command Bar Settings. And customize your modifier keys at File>Modifier Key Settings. And create new workspaces at Window>Workspace>Register Workspace.

• @garlam said in This Can Handle Large File? (Keep Crashing):
    Add features to the Command Bar at File>Command Bar Settings.

Thank you so much for your answer, that helps a lot, I was looking for this and found nothing, I just know it that the name is Command Bar. lol

I think the problem is my OS, because when I open command bar setting (blank canvas), clip studio not responding again, since I upgrade to W10, I get tons of problems.

• I'm on Windows 10 and haven't experienced anything like that. Your system is a beast compared to my PC so it isn't an issue with that hardware. Are you using a tablet? If so, what is it? It could be something with the installation. You could try to uninstall and reinstall. If the problem continues, contact tech support.

• @garlam said in This Can Handle Large File? (Keep Crashing):

I'm on Windows 10 and haven't experienced anything like that. Your system is a beast compared to my PC so it isn't an issue with that hardware. Are you using a tablet? If so, what is it? It could be something with the installation. You could try to uninstall and reinstall. If the problem continues, contact tech support.

I'm using intuos4 large, upgraded from Windows7 to Windows10 3 days ago, all drivers updated, and my pc freeze a couple times, tried a lot of troubleshootings it feels more stable now, but the performance slower compare to Windows7.

I'll try to clean install my OS later :)