Anybody using the 3D Mouse SpaceNavigator?

• @BobM said in Anybody using the 3D Mouse SpaceNavigator?:

@nik_2213 Oehh, a track-ball! That's a good idea, and I think I have one lying around somewhere.
    SpaceNavigator works fine BTW - with all settings dialled down to minimum, but somehow I never got the hang of it. And once you're off orbit, no way to get back.
    However a couple of CTL-Z's or the CTL-SHFT-H is an interesting option I'll try out.

It's a lot more controllable if you turn on Dominant Axis mode in the 3DConnexion software. The Trainer in the software is also very helpful in getting the hang of using it...

• @wandw OK, thx Wandw for your tip. I'm going to reset myself and start fresh again with SN and see if I can learn using it. Most here on the forum are very enthusiastic about it so it's me. And THAT is something I can change or at least try...

• Hello, I Michael Johnson like console gaming. I used only Razer mouses because I like it's size, shape, body, it's functionality, it's design everything. It is an amazing mouse.

• @michaeljohnson Yeah, a really good mouse is a joy but, especially for CAD, a wired trackball gives you an 'infinite' mouse-mat. Essential for three wide screens...
    I've had to buy a wired Logitech track-ball clone for my CAD Tower because Logitech's only model had shrunk and, now wireless, has a slight, but exasperating latency that varies with battery condition.
    {Shakes head...}
    FWIW, I use a 'thumb mouse' mini-trackball (Left handed !!) on my Linx 10/10 Win'10 tablet as the small touch-pad is, um, a tad quirky....