Poser 11 Cartooning Help

• Hi

I started using Poser 11 recently. I have a few questions about cartooning.

1. How do you get rid of the background entirely. I only want to render and export the actual figure instead (preferably with a transparent or white only background).

2. How do you create 1 flat light source so that the entire scene is purely white (or lighted), with no shades. I would like my cartoon without shades.

I've attached an image example below. As you can see, I would like to get rid of the entire checkerboard grid background that got included in the export. If anyone can tell me how to get rid of the background in both Preview mode and Rendering, that will be helpful.

The figure also have some slight shades (as you'll see below the left knee) which I want to get rid of, I did my best to adjust this through the threshold on the geometric line dialog box. Apparently, it was not enough so if anyone can tell me how to spread the light entirely even through the scene, that would be helpful.

Any help will be appreciated,

thanks!

0_1470024328361_cartoon-example.png

• that grid you see is the "ground." you can select it and CMND+G to show/hide or go into the hierarchical editor and grey-out the eye icon in front of it's name to make it invisible.

• Thank you very much ghostship, that worked.

If anyone can comment on the even lighting, please reply.

Also, there's only 1 way to render the cartoon in black and white outline, and that's through Render > Anti-alias Document, is this correct?

• I delete all the lights except for 1 and set it to diffuse IBL in the properties tab.0_1470086838339_Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 5.24.04 PM.png

• Thanks David. I tried your approach, and that could work. Only problem I could see with it is that some of the details get lost. For example, from your image, the eyebrows, nose, and lips are barely visible. Unless of course, there is a way to adjust the brightness of the single source light, maybe the outcome could different.

I tried to achieve the same results using all 4 lights, and it gave me pretty good results (though not perfect). All I did was adjust one of the light source (within the Light Controls panel) so that the entire tracking ball is all white.

0_1470128682300_cartoon-render-example.jpg

My Setting was:

1. Display > Document Style > Cartoon w/ Lines

2. Cartoon Settings > One Tone, Comic Book, and Geometric Edge Lines (all checked)

3. Comic Book Preview Options:

(check) Geometric Edge Lines

Multiplier dial set to .078

Comic Book Filter set to Black and White

Threshold dial set to 0.64

1. Finally, I render through Anti-Alias Document.

I'm still having some difficulty however with getting solid black lines throughout the entire figure. As so far, I'm still seeing a few faded lines and scratchy details on different parts of the body and clothing.

Anyone who could create the renders with SOLID black and white lines all throughout the figure, please upload examples and instructions. THANKS!!

• @Twister1996 On the tab where properties is click the one next to it that says parameters the dial listed as intensity controls the brightness. I usually adjust it between 50 - 100 when it is too bright bring it all the way down to 50-60 and you will get the detail back. I rarely use threshold. Only when I want to go for a comic book look. And always antialias when preview rendering.

P.s. you can see some of my work here: witchhunter.us

0_1470130898164_Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 5.36.20 AM.png

• Also in the materials room in the advanced tab you can adjust the geometric outline on individual parts of the models. Its handy for doing things like inside the mouth as well as objects that are closer to the camera.

• Are you able to get solid black and white lines without having to go into the material room to adjust each prop / body parts?

• Yes in the display document style i usually keep it on texture shaded. (I only occasionally play with the others)

then in preview options I turn the comic book filter to black and white for the line work. then either color with the threshold on 0 or none for the color preview rendering.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.