Transparent Background

• Is there a way to make a movie with a transparent background?
    1.) The color picker for the foreground and background does not have an option to choose transparent, only solid colors.
    2.) I can't find anything that would allow me to adjust the transparency of the background.
    3.) I've imported a transparent background (made in GIMP) in both .png and .gif. The .png shows up as solid black and the .gif shows up as solid white.

I've toggled the ground off. Well I guess you really have to, to use a background picture.

I'm wanting to create my movie and add it as a layer on top of a picture (the background) in a video editing program. This way I have much more control of the affects over the final production video.

Thanks,

• could you not just use a single color for your background and the chroma key that with whatever you intend to use as the background?

• IIRC, if you save your animation as individual frames, and output to png, the background is transparent. Then using whatever app you use for making the movie you should be able to make it work. It has been a while since I worked with animations so YMMV.

Bill

• @ghostship
    That did the trick! Thank you very much!

• @JoeBowler300 said in Transparent Background:

@ghostship
    That did the trick! Thank you very much!

Great! I'm amazed that I was helpful for once. LOL