shoot me now...

• Every YouTube tutorial for Blender Cycles shaders starts with 10 f***ing minutes of the guy building the scene, adding lights, ground-plane etc. WTH is wrong with these guys? If I was a Blender user I would still complain about having to sit through this on EVERY tutorial.

• Poser Ambassadors

BANG!
    Your turn. LOL.

Tja, with an app as popular as Blender, and with the thousands of tutorials available, it is a nightmare to find the one you were exactly looking for.

=> That is also why I build "timesavers in mine", and try to as be "to the point" as possible.

• its even worse when you hear all the mouse clicks as they build those scenes.

• It depends on how they do it. One site in particular does project based tutorials and does not assume you have seen any of the others, so each is a stand alone walk-through. I like those. I don't like the ones that spend 10 minutes setting up a scene and recording all of their mistakes, undo's, and forgetting where the button is. Have they not heard of scripting? But of all, the ones I hate the most, are 'tutorials' by some stupid pre-pubescent nerd who posts to his (it's always a boy) YouTube channel that he has just figured out how to do something and submits it as a tute. FFS, know what you are doing before presuming to teach. Posting it as a milestone, or a discovery, or 'I solved a problem' is one thing, but listing it as a tutorial just grates.
    This is both the benefit and the cost of open source software.

• @vilters said in shoot me now...:

BANG!
    Your turn. LOL.

Tja, with an app as popular as Blender, and with the thousands of tutorials available, it is a nightmare to find the one you were exactly looking for.

=> That is also why I build "timesavers in mine", and try to as be "to the point" as possible.

Your tutes are pretty good and get to the point. I don't model but I've watched them anyway.

The Blender Guru guy is ok even though he starts from a blank screen like the others...He seems to know what he's doing.

• I love Andrew Price's tutorials. The only one's I really hate from anyone are the speed tutorials. They aren't really tutorials though, because they don't really show you how to do anything.

• @vilters I was wondering what happened to your tutorials. I see now you put some back up. I watched them and subscribed. They are exactly the info we need for combining poser and blender. Let me just say thank you.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.