shoot me now...

• Every YouTube tutorial for Blender Cycles shaders starts with 10 f***ing minutes of the guy building the scene, adding lights, ground-plane etc. WTH is wrong with these guys? If I was a Blender user I would still complain about having to sit through this on EVERY tutorial.

• Poser Ambassadors

BANG!
    Your turn. LOL.

Tja, with an app as popular as Blender, and with the thousands of tutorials available, it is a nightmare to find the one you were exactly looking for.

=> That is also why I build "timesavers in mine", and try to as be "to the point" as possible.

• its even worse when you hear all the mouse clicks as they build those scenes.

• It depends on how they do it. One site in particular does project based tutorials and does not assume you have seen any of the others, so each is a stand alone walk-through. I like those. I don't like the ones that spend 10 minutes setting up a scene and recording all of their mistakes, undo's, and forgetting where the button is. Have they not heard of scripting? But of all, the ones I hate the most, are 'tutorials' by some stupid pre-pubescent nerd who posts to his (it's always a boy) YouTube channel that he has just figured out how to do something and submits it as a tute. FFS, know what you are doing before presuming to teach. Posting it as a milestone, or a discovery, or 'I solved a problem' is one thing, but listing it as a tutorial just grates.
    This is both the benefit and the cost of open source software.

• @vilters said in shoot me now...:

BANG!
    Your turn. LOL.

Tja, with an app as popular as Blender, and with the thousands of tutorials available, it is a nightmare to find the one you were exactly looking for.

=> That is also why I build "timesavers in mine", and try to as be "to the point" as possible.

Your tutes are pretty good and get to the point. I don't model but I've watched them anyway.

The Blender Guru guy is ok even though he starts from a blank screen like the others...He seems to know what he's doing.

• I love Andrew Price's tutorials. The only one's I really hate from anyone are the speed tutorials. They aren't really tutorials though, because they don't really show you how to do anything.

• @vilters I was wondering what happened to your tutorials. I see now you put some back up. I watched them and subscribed. They are exactly the info we need for combining poser and blender. Let me just say thank you.