Poser 11 SR5 update is available

• WOOT! Thanks for the heads-up.

~runs off to get updates~

• Sexy update! Thanks!

• Cool.. I'll be interested to see if this helps with some of the figure woes we have seen lately

• Thanks for the Superfly background rendering! This makes Poserpro much more productive.
    The library works much better now.
    This is a great update.

• Ok, I found the first bug: There is a difference between the normal renderer and rendering in background, when using a the background with a HDR image as lightsource.
    In normal rendering is seems to do nothing anymore, when rendering in the background it works as before. This has to be fixed!

• @bopperthijs said in Poser 11 SR5 update is available:

Ok, I found the first bug: There is a difference between the normal renderer and rendering in background, when using a the background with a HDR image as lightsource.
    In normal rendering is seems to do nothing anymore, when rendering in the background is works as before. This has to be fixed!

Please log all bugs with smith micro - you will need to create a support account -
    here's the link to the support portal: https://support.smithmicro.com/

• @bopperthijs

Using a sphere around the scene?

• Service ticket sent! , Thank you for the link.

• @Y-Phil

That does work , but I was happy with the background node as light source, because it seemed to be more accurate than using a environment sphere, and scaling was possible. I can still use it in the background render so it isn't that much of a problem. But sometimes I want to use normal rendering.

• I think I just found a bug as well.

I stopped a render before it was finished and the blue outlines on the rendering tiles were left in the final image.

• SWEET! I know they're listed above, but finding files AND folders in the same go, even if you select sub-cats AND being able to double click to open gives me a HUGE grin as it is a tremendous time saver for me.

I'm using an external browser for the lib so I can open as many tabs as I want, each with their specific view, like a separate tab for V4 poses and one for M4 poses.

This combi is close to brilliant for me.

Thanks developers!

• The changes to the material room nodes seem to have messed with the EZskin settings for eyes... now they glow... anybody else seeing that? I'm having to redo every saved character...

• @piersyf

Have you tried EZSkin's "Tricky Glass Cornea" plugin?
    I have just tried EZSkin in Superfly mode and I love the result:

Alba-Luna

• It's not the cornea. I'm rendering an example now, will post the images soon.

• OK, character set up using EZskin, including eyes. Eye settings at default, the only thing I change is the cornea, and that is only changing the metallic setting from 0.1 to 0. I find these eyes quite acceptable.
    0_1471143251945_clamshell 3-1.jpg

After SR5, exactly the same character rendered using identical light set, they eyes glow...
    0_1471143310450_eyes 01.jpg

To get them back close to what they looked like under SR4, I have to disconnect the Alt diffuse and Alt specular channels, then for the sclera set the main diffuse channel to 0.85, specular to 0.85 and size to 0.01, and for the iris just set main diffuse channel to 0.85 and I get this:
    0_1471143426630_eyes 02.jpg

which, while not quite as good as I had before, doesn't make her look like an extra from Stargate SG1.

• since I upgraded to SR5 one of the rendering threads lags way behind the others. it will get stuck on a random tile and take almost the entire render to finish that single tile.

• Render times using CPU seem somewhat slower overall since SR5. GPU rendering seems better, though. Can't really quantify either statement though.

• @piersyf I have found out what is going on sort of with one core lagging behind the others. It seems to only do this when rendering in a separate process. I had that checked before the update for my Firefly renders because if I canceled an intense render in firefly in the past it might crash the program with it not checked.

If I uncheck separate process it works fine. Not sure if this is a screen re-draw update problem and is not really affecting the rendering core or there is a problem with rendering in a separate process for Superfly.

• @piersyf after more playing with it I did notice that render times are faster with separate process unchecked.

• OK thanks... one of the first things I did with SR5 was turn separate process back on... maybe I'll turn it off again... not a big deal yet as the progress bar doesn't show anyway.