Poser 11 SR5 update is available

• since I upgraded to SR5 one of the rendering threads lags way behind the others. it will get stuck on a random tile and take almost the entire render to finish that single tile.

• Render times using CPU seem somewhat slower overall since SR5. GPU rendering seems better, though. Can't really quantify either statement though.

• @piersyf I have found out what is going on sort of with one core lagging behind the others. It seems to only do this when rendering in a separate process. I had that checked before the update for my Firefly renders because if I canceled an intense render in firefly in the past it might crash the program with it not checked.

If I uncheck separate process it works fine. Not sure if this is a screen re-draw update problem and is not really affecting the rendering core or there is a problem with rendering in a separate process for Superfly.

• @piersyf after more playing with it I did notice that render times are faster with separate process unchecked.

• OK thanks... one of the first things I did with SR5 was turn separate process back on... maybe I'll turn it off again... not a big deal yet as the progress bar doesn't show anyway.

• Sweet characters there. Love the elf gal :)

• @ghostship said in Poser 11 SR5 update is available:

@piersyf after more playing with it I did notice that render times are faster with separate process unchecked.

I just did a comparison, and yes, I agree! Simple scene without separate process took 3 minutes, WITH separate process took 3 minutes 35 seconds... quite a difference!

• working more with the new version. Library still jumps around when you click on stuff in it. Not sure what condition is needed to make it jump, possibly another open folder?

• Tried again with the SR5 update - but problems still exist.
    Drag clothing to figure - caption says 'conform to V4' ( or other figure) but before reaching the figure the caption changes to 'add to scene' and then you have to manually conform the clothing. Tried with different clothes and figures; no joy.
    Selection tool not working properly, if at all. Translation tool also.

• @A_Sunbeam said in Poser 11 SR5 update is available:

Tried again with the SR5 update - but problems still exist.
    Drag clothing to figure - caption says 'conform to V4' ( or other figure) but before reaching the figure the caption changes to 'add to scene' and then you have to manually conform the clothing. Tried with different clothes and figures; no joy.

Hi.
    The 'add to "" ' message always appears when dragging the clothing onto a figure, the 'add to " ' message does change depending what you drag over - but the clothing will still conform to the figure.
    I've found that Most of the items that don't conform haven't been set up properly when they've been created.

Selection and translate tools seem to be working ok here.
    The selection tool could be a little easier to work with on layered items or offer a menu of which item you want to click when hovering but that's a feature I'd like rather than a bug

• @adi said in Poser 11 SR5 update is available:

@A_Sunbeam said in Poser 11 SR5 update is available:

Tried again with the SR5 update - but problems still exist.

Hi.
    The 'add to "" ' message always appears when dragging the clothing onto a figure, the 'add to " ' message does change depending what you drag over - but the clothing will still conform to the figure.

Re-tested just now and tried several items of clothing - all changed to "add to scene" on reaching the figure to be dressed and none of them conformed.
    Someone suggested the problems were mainly restricted to the iMac with Retina screen, which is what I'm using.

• @A_Sunbeam This most recent SR sure introduced some significant problems for Macs. However, I have a Retina iMac (late 2015) and haven't encountered that problem ...as of yet, anyway!

• @James_in_3D said in Poser 11 SR5 update is available:

@A_Sunbeam This most recent SR sure introduced some significant problems for Macs. However, I have a Retina iMac (late 2015) and haven't encountered that problem ...as of yet, anyway!

My iMac is mid 2015 running Yosemite, and until SR5 with no obvious problems.
    Anyway, I shall wait for the next update and see how we go then. I'd like to know who else has an iMac Retina and how they are getting on.

• @A_Sunbeam Once Poser Pro 11's first teething issues were solved (the library, specifically), I had no issues with the software until SR5. I was very happy with Poser until I installed the update. I just haven't had the issue with drag and drop parenting as described in this thread.

Presently I'm just trying to ignore/work around the other issues I've had since SR5. I've detailed a couple of the problems that I've experienced in another post (with video).

I'd also be interested to know of the experiences of other iMac Retina users (or Mac users in general) with SR5.

• Along with the problem I described with the material room I had pretty major stability problems. On some larger scenes I opened that took around 8-10 gb memory poser kept crashing and would not save. Those same files opened and work fine in the previous update. I have also encountered problems with the selection tool.

I thought there was a thread over at rendo by a content creator who was having issues with content creation tools on the latest release for mac but I can no longer find the thread.

BTW I am on a retina macbook pro 15 in mid 2014. Yosemite.

• @david_macrae
    Material Room - I've just been checking ... Normally I can change a texture by first clicking on the item to be changed and bringing its textures up in the panel. But SR5 is not doing what I want. I cannot select an item with the (eyedropper) tool - instead i have to go to the menu and select the garment or part of a garment from there.

• @piersyf Yes, that seems to have helped my glowing eyes. Thanks!