Poser 11 Materials - feeling a little lost

• Hey all,

So I was doing a fair amount of reading here when the place first opened and Poser Pro 11 was all shiny and new. A lot of that reading was about materials. However, I can't really remember all the wonderful stuff most of you posted that I read about three months or more ago. Using the tag system to bring up posts about Superfly, Poser Pro 11, or materials does not return many hits. I am assuming because a lot of us were not using the tags when this place first opened.

Anyway, I have finally upgraded to Poser Pro 11 and I'm feeling a little lost about Superfly materials and the proper use of the Physical Surface node. I was just wondering where is the best place to start reading? Is the Node Cult still over at that other place? Do people still post there? Is BB still posting at Rendo or CG Bytes? Or is it simpler to just search here?

Just a general suggestion on where to start would be nice, rather than wading through the last 3+ months of posts on 4 different sites. :)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

• I wish we could have a forum here just for Superfly materials. I have 2 materials I have yet to master and that's eye reflections and water.

I'd love to have a good resource that I could just click on to find the suggested settings for those things and not have to hunt and search through multiple forums.

• I've started a thread about the cycles mats:

https://forum.smithmicro.com/topic/568/dielectric-shader-wip-for-download

What I did was look up tutorials on Blender Cycles materials. The Superfly engine is based on Cycles. Blender Guru is a good start for tutes.

• @Glitterati3D said in Poser 11 Materials - feeling a little lost:

I wish we could have a forum here just for Superfly materials. I have 2 materials I have yet to master and that's eye reflections and water.

I'd love to have a good resource that I could just click on to find the suggested settings for those things and not have to hunt and search through multiple forums.

I agree. I like the tag system and it does help, but materials really should have a separate forum. It has worked extremely well on other sites.

• @ghostship Thanks! :D

• @ghostship

Fantastic tutorial. Big, big thank you for pointing out this video :-)