Replaced high mesh body part seams not connecting

• What I want to do is replace Roxie's left shin with an exact duplicate object, but with a higher mesh to make the higher mesh detailed morphs. However the problem is that once doing so the seems never match up.

Is this normal? Can this be fixed?

I've made certain the exported prop duplicate bend was unchecked, and pose all zeroed, IKs off.

Can this be fixed?

0_1471287752270_seams dont match.JPG

The foot was raised one sub-d to match the default sub-d 1 left shin body part prop, but seams still don't connect.

• @nakedfunn_ You need to watch Vilters tutorials on this vary subject. Let me find the link

• @ghostship
    Will do. Thank you very much.

• Poser Ambassadors

Hello nakedfunn.

Search YouTube for the "Poser2Blender2Poser series".
    There are 5 video's available now and more to come.

Poser figures "have" to maintain vertex order to work properly.

The series starts here : And this is the video that you are looking for.

I use Blender, but most of what is in the video's can be adapted to other 3D apps.

Even for clothing building, you simply "have" to delete the obj files that Poser saves for you. => That is in video 4.

Best regards, and feel free to ask questions. Tony

• @vilters said in Replaced high mesh body part seams not connecting:

Poser figures "have" to maintain vertex order to work properly.

So, basically you're saying it cannot be done? I'm wanting to replace a bodypart with a duplicate with increased vertex order.

• Poser Ambassadors

@nakedfunn_

Basically? And without knowing exactly what the purpose is? No.

But you can give any group a different SubD level in Poser, but understandably, the welds to the other groups will break.

For a weld between groups to hold; "shin-foot" and "foot-toe" in your case, the edges of the groups have to have the same number of vertices.

More deeper : I think you are using Pauline.
    The rigging would not hold either if you SubD one or more groups outside of Poser. There are no weights for those extra verts in the weightmap.

So basically? Using default Poser procedures? The answer has to be "No".

But please tell us what the exact purpose is?
    Perhaps there are other possibilities.

• @vilters

I am using Roxie, because I prefer her base shape, and skin maps.
    What wanted to do was edit a higher sub divided 1 count vertex mesh directly in a way that the shrink wrap morphing tool method won't work with. To sculpt each vertex point individually because some shapes are too close to each other to be wrapped around with the morphing tool. I wanted to simply replace one body part with a higher vertex count to be able to make many drastic shapes, and morphs on that one bodypart. However it seems impossible because once the vertex count changes it throws the group seams out of alignment.

The problem seems that the low default vertex count makes it impossible to sculpt intricate shapes for a higher vertex count to be imported directly as a morph.
    I wanted to replace that bodypart with a higher vertex duplicate to make loading complex morphs possible, but that doesn't work.

• Poser Ambassadors

@nakedfunn_

What you want to do is only possible using the GoZ directly to Zbrush and back.

What you can also do, is set Roxie to SubD level 1(or more), and create your Morph using the build-in Morph Brush tools.

I have seen some very good results using the Morphs Brush tools directly on a SubD'd mesh.

Ok, it takes some practice, but all 3D tools need some practice to get a good result.

PS : I prefer Roxie over Pauline too. :-)

• @vilters

Thank you very much. That pretty much seals the deal on the can't do's.
    Don't have zbrush. Hopefully I will "some day" have access to a default higher vertex count model that will allow me to do what I want.
    Or maybe something that allowed higher vertex mass creation in certain areas without the restraint a lower sub d setting. It seems quite problematic an obstacle that limits what is possible with everything I want to do.

• Poser Ambassadors

You need to set the figure to a SubD level of 1 to get higher detail - then it's fully welded. The morph tool has no problem selecting single vertices.

• @Batman

Correct, there is no problem selecting single vertices, but there is issue moving single vertices in tight areas such as nostrils, ears, mouths, or tiny spots with lots of intricate features.

• Poser Ambassadors

Still, shouldn't be a problem - unless the vertices are in the exact same space. If they are offset by just 0.001m you can still move them individually.

• @Batman
    In theory shouldn't be a problem, but it is when close to many other vertices in tight spaces. I disagree, and would rather leave it at that instead of continuing a repetitive exchange.

• Poser Ambassadors

I did it so it's not a theory. Not hard either.

• @Batman said in Replaced high mesh body part seams not connecting:

I did it so it's not a theory. Not hard either.

Alright, show me your proof of being able to sculpt this head, and ear in Poser with what you claim is possible.

• Poser Ambassadors

That was not what you where asking for.

• @Batman
    I want to create high density vertex count only in areas requiring intricate shapes on a model without having to increase the sub-divisional count of the entire model.

Since that seems too complicated for you to do, how about making a fully functioning model that is as detailed as this 3d scan? http://www.3dscanstore.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=681

Any model from Poser (only Poser) replicate that base mesh from top to bottom, and make it a working model, and I'll believe your claim. The scanned model isn't standing completely straight, but that shouldn't be an issue. Simply replicate her onto any Poser model with every specific feature, and you will have proven your claims.

• Poser Ambassadors

Yes, but as vilters said, you can not do that in Poser. Poser is for posing models. It's not a modeling tool even though you can get a long way with the morph tool. But for 3D scans - forget it. Too many polys.

Nobody rigs a scanned 3D model. They do the topology on top of it in low res and then rig it. After that SubD is added and all the maps created and then you will get the same result as the 3D scan - but from a low res rigged figure.

Although you can not do it in Poser, you can export the model from Poser to Blender and model whatever you want on the figure. Blender is free.

• @Batman said in Replaced high mesh body part seams not connecting:

Yes, but as vilters said, you can not do that in Poser.

Correct. Which is why I was convinced the conversation was complete, but you insisted otherwise.

Nobody rigs a scanned 3D model. They do the topology on top of it in low res and then rig it. After that SubD is added and all the maps created and then you will get the same result as the 3D scan - but from a low res rigged figure.

A 3d scan model wouldn't make sense because of the high volumes vertex, and the vertex triangle faces itself which don't work well in Poser.
    However there are modelers who have found clever ways to add higher density to models in areas of constant shape changing such as faces, joints, and the hip which allow much more intricate features nearly identical to 3d scans without needing complicated bump mapping system.
    Again, as Vitler had mentioned using Blender to make HD morphing would mean using Poser to re-sculpt a morph in Poser which we agree is possible but not practical since raising the ENTIRE model's subd count would slow down everything in Poser.