Cycles based plugin(s) for EZskin3.

• Hello Poseraddicts,

After months of testing and polishing I finally finished my Cycles based plug-in for EZskin3.
    The reason I wanted to make this plug-in is that I had made a rather good skinshader based on the new cycles nodes in Poser11 and that I wanted to use it on multiple textures and figures, without remaking it over and over again.
    EZskin3 has the possibility to add a plugin so this was for me the solution and I gave it try.

After a lot of experiments I made it working ( I'm a python newbie) but I wanted more: I wanted a suntan shader, a wet skin shader, soapy skin, muddy skin and more. So at last it became a huge project. I had a lot of help of Snarlygribbly who has helped me through some issues I had, so many thanks for that.
    But there is more: I have made also a second plugin for clothing materials, which can use the same special effects as the skinshader plug-in. So when the skin is muddy, you will get muddy clothes and so on

So today I'm proud to present to you the final(!) result.
    First there a some sample renders:

0_1471558745424_Render227.jpg
    0_1471558762792_Render226.jpg
    0_1471558803463_Render83.jpg

I will post the documention and in separate posts, because the files became too big.

The documentation describes how to install the plugins and how to use it, I advise everyone reading it first, there are also some nice sample renders in it.

Some materials in the material plug-in are subject to improvement. so I'm happy with any comments and suggestions.

Happy rendering.

Bopper.

• This post is deleted!

• Ok, It appears to be imposible to upload a zip-file, any suggestions?

I have uploaded it also at CGbytes, there you can find the plug-in, the suntanmasks and the documentation.

• I have uploaded the plug-ins with the documentation at ShareCG as well. Look in the pl;ug-in folder.

• I've been working on my own Cycles SSS skin shader for a couple of weeks now. Looking forward to seeing yours in action!

• @bopperthijs

Thank you so much!

It is freely available on my dropbox, if that's ok for you.
    Here is the link

If you don't agree, I'll remove it.

• That's ok for me! Thank you. I have a dropbox myself, but I completely forgot about that. I use it too little, I guess.

• @bopperthijs

Cool :-)
    I've a lot of place on it, so that's not a problem.

• Ok, Have fun with it.

• PDF states that there is an updated version of EZSkin3 inside the zip. I cannot find this file. Do I need to go back to CGBytes and down load a new version from them?

• @ghostship
    Sorry that's a leftover from the former version.
    As long as you have the latest version of EZskin3 , it will work.

• @bopperthijs Thanks dude! I'll check out the goods after dinner!

• OK, now I feel stupid. I don't do python scripting so I have no idea where these other two files go for EZSkin3 to use them. The two files are CycleMaterial.py and CycleSkin.py. The PDF states to put them in the EZSkin3 directory...I don't have a separate directory for EZSkin3, it's in the scripts menue folder. Additionaly, should the sun-tan maps have their own folder and in the textures folder if these scripts are going to call to them?

• When you installed EZskin3, which I presume you did, you have made a map called EZskin3, probably in your documents-map. In that map called: EZskin3 you have a map called "Custom shaders". When you put the plug-ins in that map, EZskin can find them. The map suntanmasks don't need to be in a texture map, but somewhere, where you can find them. preferly also in the EZskin map. You have to set the suntanmask every time you apply the shader, because sadly enough, EZskin forgets where they are.

I hope this will help you.

• My EZSKIN3 is located in: Poser 11/Runtime/Python/poserScripts. it is by itself and shows up in the poserScripts menue. There are no other folders that I know of. When you say "map" do you mean to say "folder?"

• a screen shot would be handy

• Yes, sorry I meant folder. I thought that was a dutch word, so I didn't used it.
    This is where my files are stored:

0_1471575021866_EZskinlocation.JPG

It's called EZskin3-preview because I had a beta version of EZskin3, but I suppose it's now called EZskin3.

I hope this made it more clear. In the EZskin (not mine ) documentation is described how to install EZskin3 and where to put your files.

I hope this made it more clear.

Sorry it's in dutch : in means in english : c: > users > M.Broekhuijsen > Documents > ezskin3- preview

• After some reading of the manual I found what I needed to do. Plug-in installed. Yes, I am ignorant! Thanks for the help.

• I am having an issue while using "EZSkin CycleMaterials" with Hameleon's Primavera dress:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "E:\POSER\EZSkin 3\EZSkin3.py", line 5531, in Apply
    File "F:\Poser\3D Lib\Render Tools\EZSkin\ezskin3\Custom shaders\CycleMaterials.py", line 94, in BuildShader
    method(mat, p)
    File "F:\Poser\3D Lib\Render Tools\EZSkin\ezskin3\Custom shaders\CycleMaterials.py", line 317, in CycleCloth
    nc07=mat.AddNode('weave', name = 'ProceduralCloth', loc = (700,700), collapsed=False, preview=False, inputs = weavedict)
    File "E:\POSER\EZSkin 3\EZSkin3.py", line 3868, in AddNode
    ValueError: too many values to unpack

I have tried using one of the default poses, and without any node connected to the root one.
    What can I do?

Note that from time to time, the issue happens with "EZ_CycleSkin" too. In that case, I apply the character's default skin (non-sss version) and most of the time it runs smnoothly without problems.