Buying Poses from Renderosity

• Hi all, has anyone bought poses (as well as scenes, objects, etc.) from the Renderosity marketplace?

I would like to extend my library further in Poser 11 with additional poses, materials, etc, but I haven't purchased from Renderosity before.

Say I want to buy this package of 1000+ poses:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/everyday-poses-collection-m4/103979

The base figure is Michael 4

For other poses, the base figure is Victoria and Genesis 2 (from Daz).

How would this work? Poser 11 doesn't come with any of these base figures. Do I have to purchase the base figure first to incorporate their poses? Or each product already comes with the base figure and poses attached?

Also, would anyone know of any other marketplaces that sells poses, props, animations, etc. for Poser 11?

Thanks for any advice -

• Also, are there additional poses and props (such as clothing and hairstyles) I can buy for existing figures in Poser 11?

SmithMicro's Content Paradise seems to have some offerings, but are there other marketplaces?

• @Twister1996

I have bought a few poses packs from Ironman13 (for Vic4) and I have to say that they often make a good start.
    That vendor has two packs for Michael 4, you may have a look at:
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?uid=517410&username=ironman13&gender=Male

• I don't see a Michael 4 figure in Poser 11.

Is he from an earlier version of Poser and is therefore, no longer available?

• @Twister1996

All Victoria and Michael figures can be bought on daz3d.com, they are not base Poser figures at all, but I confirm that they are still compatible.
    The link I showed concerns only poses (partial and full). The same vendor has quite a bunch of pre-made poses for Victoria and Genesis as well
    Note that I don't have anything with this vendor, I'm just satisfied with the packs.

• @Twister1996 Just for clarification, you CAN buy the base figures of Michael 4 and Victoria 4 at dazed.com. Make sure it's Michael and Victoria 4. Also, generally, you can apply poses to almost any figure and they will work. Not perfectly, most likely, but they will work. You may need to do some major tweaking afterwards. That said, unless you're really good at posing your own figures, I suggest only using canned poses on the figures they were intended for.

• I see, if I buy the base figures and import them into Poser's library, will they come equipped with their own properties and parameter dials for me to tweak? Or if not, Poser would at least equip these 3rd party imported figures with most advance dials (such as bend, side to side, twist, etc.)?

thanks

• @Twister1996

Not exactly: Vic and Michael may be bought as base figure or in more complete packs.
    Each has its own "Morphs++" pack to have more possibilities.
    I have even bought Posermatic's NBM for Vic4 that let's you have more control on her breasts, it helps for cleavages for example.
    Each has also an Elite pack for more possibilities

Daz knows how to sell things, believe me... They are even proposing complete packages as well... They call them "Bundles"

• Are these morphs++ the equivalent of Poser's built-in parameter dials and properties? Meaning, same full functionalities or not quite, making these 3rd party figures more like buy as is, with some minor tweaks?

• You can apply poses to figures as universal poses (double click) if they are designed for different figures!0_1471785694979_pose demo.jpg The picture shows a Michael 4 pose applied to Andy2 and Paul (right) the centre figure is the same pose applied as an original pose (single tick in library) to Michael 4.
    Michael 4 and Victoria 4 have all the normal posing dials of a poser figure and work just like the native figures. The morph++and morphs. If you look at Paul or Ryan you will see they have dials under the heading fbm (Paul has only heavy and muscular, Ryan has more). Michael 4 and Victoria 4 don't come with these and you have to purchase the morph packs to get them.
    And don't rush to buy Michael4 and Victoria 4 unless your need is urgent. You've just missed a huge sale on these figures, but there might well be another sometime in the future.

• Seconding the advice not to rush into buying other figures. Daz3d constantly has sales, so if you do decide to buy, you should do it when the figures are available for a major discount. And you should be aware that acquiring product for each generation of DAZ figures is extremely expensive. I recommend learning how to adapt other figures' poses and clothes to Paul and Pauline first, and only then decide whether you need to buy additional figures. You can find poses and clothes to practice with at ShareCG. Some of them are every bit as good as commercial products, and some were commercial products before the makers made them free.

• 100% agree with all what @j-naylor73 and @willshetterly said.

• This person has a lot of good poses for free in his gallery: http://www.sharecg.com/skylab

• This may be the best place to start when looking for free poses: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Poses_and_Expressions

• @Twister1996 The base Victoria 4 and Michael 4 come with only a few morphs, the Morphs++ packs greatly expand on those options, and are practically a necessity.

In case you weren't aware regarding the nomeclature, a "Morph" is used to alter the mesh of the figure in some way, such as increasing musculature or changing the shape and size of the nose.

• @willshetterly said in Buying Poses from Renderosity:

This person has a lot of good poses for free in his gallery: http://www.sharecg.com/skylab

Yes, she's always adding new things to her ShareCG gallery, though not always poses. She often adds clothing as well, so check her gallery often.

• You know, come to think of it, I have a buttload of free poses for V4, M4 and Aiko 3 and several native Poser figures as well. I been so long since I last used the site, I actually forgot they were there. I'll have to find a way to dig them out for you though.

• Just noticed that at Content Paradise there are lots of pose sets in a sale, including quite a few for the G2 figures included with poser (Simon and Sydney), and even some for James and Jessi

• @modus0 said in Buying Poses from Renderosity:

In case you weren't aware regarding the nomeclature, a "Morph" is used to alter the mesh of the figure in some way, such as increasing musculature or changing the shape and size of the nose.

does that mean I can customize their appearances but customizing their poses are limited?

• What about the cloth packs (wardrobe) made for Daz3D figures? Can these be imported into Poser's props' library and applied to Poser's built-in character?

If yes, is it a hassle to fit them on to Poser's figures? If say I use "Conform to" from the Figure menu, would it custom fit the clothing automatically?