Poser Problems Screencap Videos

• @nerd3d I didn't want to post these here (or make them public at all), but Support informed me that they cannot access YouTube -- and I can't upload the video files directly to them because the files are large and the Support portal times out. Uploading them in lower resolution won't let the first error be seen clearly. We're kind of at an impasse.

So... here are two of the issues that have been occurring for me since updating to Poser SR 5.

First, the Area Render tool (first video).

After the latest SR, the Area Render tool started to exhibit behaviour that I hadn't seen since purchasing Poser Pro 11 in November of 2015. This is new behaviour. However...if you remember previous versions of Poser (2012, 2014 for example), this was typical and "expected" behaviour. I had enjoyed and had been very productive using the Area Render tool to touch up renders without having to re-render the whole darn thing again. However, now black lines appear at random when using this tool. When the file is saved as a PNG (meaning, with transparency) the "lines" are actually blank -- there is nothing rendered there. This is frustrating because now my workflow has suddenly become hugely inefficient compared to how it was prior to this update.

Second, the Material Room has some "snap-back" issues (second video).

This would be kind of amusing if it wasn't annoying when you're trying to work. I hope the video speaks for itself, but in brief, if a node tree is slightly outside of the Material Room window (some just load this way for whatever reason) and you try to scroll with the mouse to get it back, it snaps back repeatedly, like it's attached to a hyperactive rubber band. Boioioioioing! It's kind of funny, but not helpful to productivity.

Area Render video:

Material Room snap back video:

My system specs:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    Processor: 4 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
    Resolution: 5120 x 2880 Retina

Poser version: 11.0.5.32974

• I don't think those two problems are limited to the mac I've noticed the same on my W7 PC.

• Win10-64bits: same effect

The only workaround till now: right-click and select all, then use one of the visible window's caption to drag everything down in place

• @Y-Phil Yep, this is exactly what I've been doing. :)

• @ghostship I would say "I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this!" ... but it's not good that I'm not alone in this!

• @James_in_3D said in Poser Problems Screencap Videos:

@ghostship I would say "I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this!" ... but it's not good that I'm not alone in this!

In fact, I would rather say: "luckily we are not alone", that mean that it's related to Poser, not to your only system...

For example: since then I changed my mouse, the new one's scroll wheel seems to react differently in Photoshop when there's a number to input: with the preceding one, the wheel could be used to increase/decrease the values, now it doesn't seem to react, except if I launch the wheel with strength...

• @Y-Phil You have a very valid point!

• FWIW, as to the mouse @Y-Phil is experiencing, I should have added that I'm having mouse issues in Poser since SR 5.

Sometimes it won't let me scroll, specifically in the Hierarchy window. The window just stops responding to scrolling input. I can still drag the scroll bar, though. The mouse works everywhere else on my system, it just sometimes refuses to work with that particular window.

It's a bluetooth mouse (Apple Magic Mouse 2) and I've reset bluetooth, disconnected/reconnected, and charged it fully. This never happened before SR 5.

• So I just got a reply from John in Support regarding the Area Render artifacts.

"That is the frame of the Area Render. Normally it shows up on two sides (depending on how the area Render was drawn."

No.

This never happened for me with the Area Render tool prior to Service Release 5. Not once. Not ever.

This used to happen with older versions of Poser prior to PP11, and it's why I quit using Area Render until PP11.

If this was added in as a "feature" for PP11 SR 5, it's a pointless addition. However, it can't be a new "feature" because it makes no sense and happens randomly. This is a bug.

This is immensely frustrating and my experience with "Support" is going nowhere.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.