Menu jumping

• This is driving me crazy! Say you have the library open, and you scroll down to find another item. When you click, THE MENU ROLLS BACK TO THE CURRENTLY SELECTED ITEM!!! ARRRRRGH! This sucks sooo bad! Can I turn this off, or get someone to fix it? It's FAR worse than the "new figures have the hip selected, even though 99.99999% of the time you need the body selected to position the figure" bug, or the "when saving, ignore the name of the figure, let's make them type it in again just for giggles" bug... Pleeeeaaassseee help me! :-)

Mac, latest version OS, latest version Poser

• @tburzio

Windows user here: I've seen the same weird effect, if I have understood correctly. My Library is in floating mode, and if I click on an arrow after having scrolled, the window jumps back to its original place. The only workaround that I have found is to click on the text first, then on the arrows.

• @tburzio YES! This is a bug they taked about before the latest SR but I guess it was not addressed. I use a PC as well and have the same bug. Hate it.

• Same on my Mac. It drives me nuts.

• I'm guessing this is when you have the "Item List" open. And when you click from the tree window to the item list. If that's correct there's 2 ways to stop it from scrolling back. First click on an item that is in view instead of someplace blank. Second click on the scroll bar. That will also keep it from focusing on the selected item.

Hope this helps.

• Pre-cliking defeats the jump, but it's so annoying to make the tool irritating to the MAX. They have got to fix this.

Rule #1 in Computer Interfaces: THOU SHALT NOT MOVE BY YOURSELF! :-)

• I managed to reproduce scrolling bug only when using grid mode, by clicking on empty space within grid view.

Can someone confirm that I understood this correctly:

1. have both tree and grid views open
    2. click on a folder within tree view that has enough items to overpopulate grid view window
    3. move mouse inside grid view and scroll to bottom
    4. click on empty space inside grid view
      result: grid view gets scrolled to top, which shouldn't happen

Is this the problem or there's something more?

• Poser Ambassadors

@admin said in Menu jumping:

I managed to reproduce scrolling bug only when using grid mode, by clicking on empty space within grid view.

2. click on a folder within tree view that has enough items to overpopulate grid view window

That might be another one.
    For me the bug described here is where you do not move the mouse into the grid area.
    If you have a folder with subfolders open where you previously loaded something and then move the mouse wheel in the tree window to go into another area in the tree view, then click on the down arrow tp expand that folder. At that point, instead of opening the folder, it will jump back to the folder you were previously.

• @admin said in Menu jumping:

I managed to reproduce scrolling bug only when using grid mode, by clicking on empty space within grid view.

I wonder if it isn't a question of focus...
    I mean:

1. my lib. window is floating
    2. I select a folder by clicking on the text
    3. I select an icon in the right part
    4. I scroll the left tree till the last selected folder isn't visible anymore
      Then if I try to select a new folder in the left part by clicking the corresponding arrow, the list jumps back to its last focused position.

• Here's how to make them JUMP!
    Note: I have not customized the interface, it's "out of the box".

Create a figure, say the mannequin using the figures tab. Move the the pose tab, and open lots of sub menus. Find and assign a pose to the mannequin, the default one that comes with poser. Now, using the mouse, bend the mannequin figure with click and drag. Now, put the cursor in the pose frame, DO NOT CLICK and scroll down, then click on an unselected pose. BOOM! Jumps back to the selected pose from the previous step. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

• The answer appears to be that Poser does not see scrolling as a frame selection event, although it DOES process said event. What, a Martian sent the event? NO! It's a selection event! Definitely a window event mishandling bug. Grrrrrr!!!!!!

• If (scrolling event and frame not have focus) assign focus then scroll
    :-)

• I'm gonna bet that the problem started in the search function, and the desire to jump to the found item in the menu system. This doesn't work either, so you get two negatives for the price of one! Off hand, I'd rather fix the jump bug since the search thingy doesn't work anyway. :-)

• @Y-Phil said in Menu jumping:

I wonder if it isn't a question of focus...
    I mean:

1. my lib. window is floating
    2. I select a folder by clicking on the text
    3. I select an icon in the right part
    4. I scroll the left tree till the last selected folder isn't visible anymore
      Then if I try to select a new folder in the left part by clicking the corresponding arrow, the list jumps back to its last focused position.

@wimvdb said in Menu jumping:

That might be another one.
    For me the bug described here is where you do not move the mouse into the grid area.
    If you have a folder with subfolders open where you previously loaded something and then move the mouse wheel in the tree window to go into another area in the tree view, then click on the down arrow tp expand that folder. At that point, instead of opening the folder, it will jump back to the folder you were previously.

It seems I'm having a clumsy fingers day - I haven't managed to reproduce the bug.
    It would be the best if someone else able to reproduce the bug report this issue.

• @admin

I can reproduce this easily
    I am going to prepare a series of snapshots

• @admin

Here we go.

1. My lib window is in floating mode
    2. I click in Poser's main window => the lib window looses its focus
    3. I open a folder, and I select one item in the right list:
      Third step
    4. I scroll the left list so that the selected folder isn't visible anymore:
      Fourth step
      5a. If I click on the horizontal arrow, the list jumps back where it was before scrolling down:
      Fifth step
      5b. But if I click on the corresponding text, the list stays in place and the right list is updated correctly:
      Fith step

• @Y-Phil It's a real bug. I think it happens also if you click on the folder icon but if you click just to the left of the arrow it doesn't jump.

• @ghostship said in Menu jumping:

@Y-Phil It's a real bug. I think it happens also if you click on the folder icon but if you click just to the left of the arrow it doesn't jump.

You are right: only the folder's icon doesn't take the focus.

• Issue has been submitted to bug tracker.
    Thanks for reporting it and for all the help with reproducing the bug!

• @admin This is encouraging! Thank you.