On the Topic of Webcomics ...

• I started using Manga Studio shortly after getting fed up with recurring problems with Corel Painter Essentials 4 not working well with Windows 10. While I still feel a little miffed about this, I'm enjoying what Manga Studio brings to the table more than the other program. My pages seem to "pop" more on appearance, the added tools make working faster as well. But for all my effort artistically and making sure to tell a good story, this seems to be falling flat. So a question to other users of this software who are serous about making good webcomics. How the heck do you get noticed other than paying for advertising?! I've noticed poorly drawn MS Paint work get more notice on ComicFury, then stuff done by professional artists :-(.

PS: My question months back about if a Wheat Brush was out there and that turning up as being a no. I'm planning on attempting to make a brush for the first time soon and will freely share it with you guys if I'm successful.

• Short answer is, it takes time, if it's good people will start to notice it and it will pick up when other people find it but yes, it will take time.

• Add your comic to sites like Comic Rocket, or other places that house a collection of webcomics (such as Belfry and so on). Most of my readers found me through inkOUTBREAK, though I'm not sure if the site is still like it once was. The banner exchange there was one of the best (free) advertising I had. Also being part of online communities helps. But mostly it takes time. I have never used advertising, but I have noticed a steady increase in readership. It is a lot of keeping your nose to the grindstone, and it's something that doesn't happen overnight. I have entertained the idea of advertising, but I always talk myself out of it for some reason or other.

• @Ghost Comic Rocket annoys me. I run two webcomics and one they snagged which I was able to claim, but not the second. The second is the one I speak of here which I put a lot of artistic effort into. After waiting for over two months for them to verify I own my comic. I went to Facebook to stake the claim there since they don't appear to check their messages in their own forum and ComicFury. All they said in reply was "Thank you!", but my claim was never resolved, plus my comic's listing is very out of date there at last check.

inkOUTBREAK is a site I've never heard of before so I'll investigate it. Hopefully what is +100 pages might get noticed there.

Also might I ask, what type of comic do you run? This is just a curiosity question. I'm trying to just pin down what is it people are after since I feel what I'm working on is clearly in a minority on subject content. Please note I would not change my work to match what is popular.

• @systemcat When I claimed my comic there, I used the email on the Contact Us page. I do see that my mirror at The Duck is now listed there, so I'll see how it goes claiming it the other way. inkOUTBREAK is kind of in limbo at the moment, so I'm not sure how much traffic/exposure you can get at the moment.

My comic has elements of horror, fantasy, and whatever entertains me. I went in wanting to do something I like, and I also would not change what I do to match what is popular. The webcomic scene is a diverse one. There are readers for every type of comic out there. (I mainly started my webcomic as a way to grow as an artist, so having avid readers is a bonus.)

• It's not a problem singular to you. Heaps of webcomics out there, and popularity and exposure can bevery hit and miss. And people read webcomics for different reasons, so even if you have perfect art, it can still fall flat, because the readers that read it were into something else.