Please Help: Program Consolidation, Updates, Why do I still have both programs and none of the features?

• I bought Manga Studio 5 quite some time ago and I've been fiercely out of the loop as far as updates. I just recently learned that Manga Studio is now Clip Studio Paint. (I know, I know, my ignorance will be the death of me.)

Anyway, I downloaded the CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO 1.5.4 update...since it was the only update I could find.

Essentially now I have two separate programs. The vanilla Manga Studio 5 and Clip. Manga studio is still the same program and when I went into Clip it asked me for a serial number. I gave the only one I have (which is for MS5) and obviously it didn't work. Instead, it is giving me a trial run.

How do I fix this? Lol I just want to be able to use the program with the cool new features. (Mostly just the symmetry ruler honestly.)

• Update: Now all of my Manga Studio files are now saved as Clip Studio files which I cannot open because it keeps asking me for a code I don't have. ),: pls help

• The serial for MS5 should have activated your Clip Studio Paint installation.

• This may be caused by Having the serial number active for the install of Manga Studio and having a separate install of CSP may be confusing the license checker (what ever it's called). What I would do is to make backups of my Manga Studio files (don't forget to back up your custom brushes and materials!) and then delete Manga Studio from my system. Do the same for the Clip Studio Paint. Then reboot your machine. Install Clip Studio Paint and then see if the serial is accepted. If it is, great, if not, I'd contact SM Tech Support (or check the online knowledge base) for help. Or if you don't want to go through the hassle of deleting and then re-installing, just go to Tech Support and see if they can help you.

Be warned, though, that if you bought Manga Studio from e-bay or from any source not "blessed" by Smith Micro or Celsys, you may not be able to update to CSP as there was someone on the (unofficial) Manga Studio/Clip Studio Paint group on Facebook that had the same issues as you and was stuck because they bought their copy of MS from eBay.