Text settings window differs on my laptop/ same CSP version as my home Mac?

• so, i'm having an intern assemble files on the laptop i've loaned her, but when she enters text at 16 point it's ENORMOUS compared to what i'm doing on my home version. i've made sure that we're both updated to 1.5.4. why is 16 point (at 350 dpi) on my home computer enormously different than 16 point on the laptop? i went into text settings on the laptop and there are "horizontal and vertical ratio" settings (as well as a character spacing option) that appear nowhere on my home computer? any advice?

• Are the resolution for both machines the same? If you're using Windows (didn't mention which OS you're using), see if Large Fonts is chosen in the system preferences. I've fond that CSP and Fonts don't quite work like other apps. It's quite backwards in many respects, so I'd check settings. And you could have the intern create a new page/file on the laptop and see if the text is still huge. If it looks okay, then it could be something in the transference between the desktop and laptop. Then you could have the intern work on an page from the desktop , save it as "demo file" and then you can open the demo file on your desktop and see if the hugeness of the text is carried over. This may not solve the issue, but it does narrow it down to either the laptop, Desktop or CSP.

• Go to File>Preferences>Ruler/Units on both machines. One is set to pt and one is set to Q.

• @zaksally said in Text settings window differs on my laptop/ same CSP version as my home Mac?:

.... i went into text settings on the laptop and there are "horizontal and vertical ratio" settings (as well as a character spacing option) that appear nowhere on my home computer?

If you go to the Sub Tool Detail Palette, you will find all of the settings available for fonts. You need to click the eyeball icon to make these settings visible in the Tool Palette. Horizontal and Vertical Ratio is under the Font tab in the Sub Tool Detail Palette.

• YES!! one was set to Q and the other to pt. the 2 machines seem to be in synch now. it's still not displaying the horizontal or vertical word ratios in Font on the Sub Tool Detail on my home computer (which is running mac OS X btw), but that doesn't concern me that much, now that the sizes seem to match up. thanks very much for the help, never would have thought of looking in that spot for the problem!

• ugh. maybe it IS a big deal that the horizontal and vertical ratio will not show up, because that is affecting and creating a difference between what 14pt text looks like on each computer, and i can't get them to match up. grrrrr.

• You're not seeing this in the Sub Tool Detail Palette?

0_1472962463087_font.jpg

This was introduced in the latest update (1.5.4 I believe). I haven't heard that it isn't available in OS X.

What does your Text Tool Sub Tool Detail Palette look like?

• @garlam ok, i think i've identified the issue: was feeling like an idiot because it seems my home computer is still running 1.4.4, even though i was POSITIVE i'd done the update to 1.5.4. and now i've installed the update 2 more times and restarted my computer and somehow it's STILL running 1.4.4. what the heck?

• When you go from Manga Studio 5 to Clip Studio Paint, the CSP upgrade install doesn't overwrite your MS5 install. Both installations are on your computer. Look for the Clip Studio Paint exe. You can uninstall MS5 if you want but it will run along side your CSP installation ( though I don't know why you want it to run along side).

• @garlam wow. that was a total end run around what i thought i was supposed to be fixing. seems all set now thanks so much for all the help.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.