What if I decide not to upgrade Poser?

• So what if I decide not to upgrade to the next version of Poser for some reason? What happens to my current version of Poser 11? I still have a working version of Poser 7 with no restrictions on it, which I still use on occasion. I have no idea how long I'll be able to use Poser Pro 11 once the next version comes out.

• @eclark1849 ????? What do you mean? How long will Poser 11 work on your machine before OS updates brake it? I was unaware of the software being subscription and/or ransomware (stops working when your subscription runs out)

• I don't think the new Photoshop works that way either. I think it works fine but just does not get updates when your subscription runs out.

• @ghostship No, I'm talking about the way Poser has to call home to stay activated. Right now it's not that big a concern to me because I'm practically always connected to the internet. But what about when the next version comes out? What if I decide not to upgrade then or even skip a version or two? How long will SM support this version (PP11) before they decide to no longer re-activate it?

• @eclark1849 So you mean to say "how long will they keep up their authentication server?"

• @eclark1849
    Its perpetual software use license eclark so we should be ok many years, way beyond the practical lifecycle of the release.

• Poser Ambassadors

Nothing to worry about Earl.
    You should be good for the next 1 or 2 hrs. LOL.

OK, serious now :
    If my memory is still OK, (unlike my wounded right hand), SM created an alternate "spare" system when PP2014GD started using the "call home" function.

P11 and PP11 use the same system, so its nothing to worry about.

There's a safety net in the loop.