Graphics Driver Version 10.18.10.3910
    3D Acceleration Yes
    Hardware Transform & Lighting Support Yes
    Video Memory 1.7 GB
    Vertex Shader Support 5.0
    Pixel Shader Support 5.0
    Microsoft DirectX* Version 11.0

Starts slowing down already when the scene gets not overly crowded,
    but for what I'm doing with Poser it's fine.

• I'm running W7ultimate on a i5 2400 and have none of these problems. I am not using the built in Intel video (on-chip video) so that might be the difference. I have an AMD card with current drivers.

• Win10-64bits on i7 4790K with nvidia 980Ti: the face room doesn't open: it flashes quickly and then Poser returns to the current room.

• Thank you ghostship,
    I had none of these problems during first weeks of use, don't know what may have happened then (beside the complexity of the scenes growing).

The worse thing is the face room worked perfectly prior to reinstalling,
    and I'm now very doubtful about reinstalling again - what if I'll miss some other tab? :|
    So I'm quite pointless on what to do to have the face room back again.

Best thing (beside an awesome solution popping out here of course!) would probably be a fresh install on another machine,
    but my workflow would seriously suffer from this (being the other machine used as a -crappy- "music studio" I have in the basement :D)

• @Y-Phil that's it, I have the same exact behavior!

What should we do to get the face room back again? :(
    Should I file something to SM so they may know where to start looking?

• I get a warning that says "your selected figure is not a known faceroom figure..." I click OK and it opens the faceroom.

• @ghostship 11.05.32974

• @erwin_sc said in Missing face room:

@Y-Phil that's it, I have the same exact behavior!

What should we do to get the face room back again? :(
    Should I file something to SM so they may know where to start looking?

Which prefs/config files did you delete?
    I had an issue in P11 that was only solved after I deleted all of the autogenerated Poser prefs/config files. I would suggest cutting (and pasting somewhere else, just in case) the LibraryPrefs.xml, LibraryState.xml, PoserUIPrefmap.xml, PoserUIPrefs x.xml (Generated for your resolution), Poser.ini, PreferredState.pz3 (The scene file you've designated as your default. Will be regenerated as Poser's default "Andy" scene file) and RenderFirefly.cfg.

Why?

It seems that many of these configs/prefs can contain references "outside of their intended domain." (My words.) What I mean is that sometimes you can run into library issues because a prefs file references a library entry, but Poser doesn't know about that library/file location. Or, especially after the latest patch, some configs/prefs may contain references that are no longer valid. (MY assumption, only.) The thing is that tracking down these bad references may not be intuitive if you simply look at a prefs file name and assume that's the only thing the prefs file would effect. The latest patch should, IMO, simply warn the user to backup their prefs, or do it for them, and then regenerate the prefs, considering all the trouble I had after it appeared my defaults were no longer referencing proper libraries.

As always, just cut/paste them in a safe place to be sure you've got them if you want to troubleshoot them. Let Poser return, fully, to its "default state."

Note: Your hardware should not be having anything to do with the "Face Room" tab not appearing properly. I'd be more concerned that you have Poser installed properly and that it has all the permissions it needs and is not corrupted. Try running Poser as Administrator by right-clicking on the exe, itself, going to the Compatibility tab and selecting Always Run as Administrator. The right-click-run-once "Run as Administrator" command may not be enough. This can also solve issues with some python scripts. If you're concerned, just be sure to anti-virus scan any scripts you install.

PS - Not sure if it's pertinent, but just to be sure, make sure Poser is allowed access through your Firewall. Why? Poser won't "call home" without your direction, but it does need access to certain ports in order to handle all the stuff that it does. You should have gotten a Firewall warning when you first ran it, but in case your AV software didn't warn you, doublecheck it to be sure Poser has Firewall access, just in case the Faceroom needs it in order to load, considering its interactive features sort of third-party, modular, form. (I think it's still licensed third-party, not sure and am not a codemonkey, anwyay. :) )

• I have even tried to rename Poser's specific folder in the user's profile: same result.
    I know that under poser's executable file, there's a sub folder: runtime\ui in which a lot of settings are stored.
    Among them, a few XML files are dedicated to the face room. Maybe one of them isn't valid anymore?

And just for the fun, there's one of the graphic files that's called "27300_debut.psd". Guess what's in it?
    alt text

lol...

• @Y-Phil said in Missing face room:

I have even tried to rename Poser's specific folder in the user's profile: same result.
    I know that under poser's executable file, there's a sub folder: runtime\ui in which a lot of settings are stored.
    Among them, a few XML files are dedicated to the face room. Maybe one of them isn't valid anymore?

And just for the fun, there's one of the graphic files that's called "27300_debut.psd". Guess what's in it?
    alt text

lol...

Wow... Curious Labs, haven't read that name in awhile. :)

I would definitely not remove/delete anything outside of the AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\11 folder. HOWEVER, if you're using an old runtime and linking that to P11, check to be sure that there aren't any weird, OLD old old, prefs files stored in it. IOW - The runtime I'm using is one I've had since Poser 6. :D ... So.... I've taken steps to clean it up and have removed the old "runtime prefs" files, wherever they were stored, just to be sure I have no weirdness going on.

Refs for older versions prefs files - https://support.smithmicro.com/customer/portal/articles/1982174-solving-weird-issues-with-poser-by-removing-the-preferences

• @morkonan

In my case, the runtime of each new version of poser is installed under a common "Runtimes" folder, but each is stored independently and is never mixed with the others:
    alt text

@morkonan

In my case, each new version of poser is installed under a common "Runtimes" folder, but each is stored independently and is never mixed with the others:

Good for you! I could never be so neat. My Runtime is ginormous... hugemongous, even. I need to clean it out as I tend to save everything to its own file and create a bunch of custom content, 3d objects, characters, default scenes, blah, blah, blah...

Yes, I did pause to get a size for my runtime, just to show how lazy I am, but it was taking too long for my computer to figure out. It is, by far, the largest directory structure on my hard-drive. :)

One of these days I'm going to sit down with it and clean it up, all nice and neat like yours. But, not today... :)

• @morkonan

One of these days? he he.. it took me days and weeks to clean things from the "jungle state" of the "Poser 7" runtime, not doing it all day long of course. With interesting oldies that popped out during that time :D

@morkonan

One of these days? he he.. it took me days and weeks to clean things from the "jungle state" of the "Poser 7" runtime, not doing it all day long of course. With interesting oldies that popped out during that time :D

Oh yeah, I've run across that, too. "What's this thing? OH! I remember that! Wondered where it went to... "

• When you reinstalled Poser did you reinstall the Support files? It's a separate file/download. That contains Faceroom.

• @Glitterati3D
    :OOO IT WORKED!
    You guys are awesome!
    I seem to remember I only reinstalled the main install files last time,
    because the download manager was saying all other packages were already installed.

But now tried reinstalling the "Support" package from SM download manager --- and it worked!
    I have the face room back again!

Y-Phil, I hope it will work for you too, and for any other running in this issue.

So far all my old scenes seem to work fine and all other tabs still working :D
    awesome!

Thank you all for all the other replies and support

@morkonan
    Particular thanks for your very insightful post, I did try deleting the prefs to make Poser "regenerate" them, but that didn't work :(
    And now I did a backup of my preferences folder, just to be sure I won't miss anything in the awful situation I'd have to reinstall again :)

• @erwin_sc Glad you got it working!

I only knew about it because I did the same thing.........ignored the Support Files and then couldn't find the faceroom. :-)

• @erwin_sc

Nope, but I don't worry: I've enough to learn with the new nodes of the mat room ;-)

• @Y-Phil :DD
    (what a shame though... hoped it would have solved for everyone!)

• @erwin_sc

Oh don't worry... ;-)
    In fact, I had to re-download the executable, but I had to search it because the download manager didn't wanted to launch it, waiting for... I don't know... maybe for one of Santa's super-sexy elves to come in my living room...

Most of the time, I don't like those download managers, whatever the company ^__^