Are you using a Wacom Touch & Pen Intuos for mouse input?

• Then be sure not to start Superfly render from the 'Render' button while your finger touches the tablet.

For a long time I have been struggling with PoserPro11 locking up when I started a Superfly render. Render was completed all right but Poser was dead to any input, progress window showed no progress, and the only thing I could do was wait till the fans in my system cabinet slowed down and then kill Poser with the Task Manager.
    Since this was just the perchance of how I held my fingers, the lock-up happened randomly. Once the error occurred, it inevitably happened again when I restarted Poser. Apparently the way I hold my hand depends on my state of agitation. LOL!
    I blamed Poser (of course), and bugged SM support endlessly (sorry John), I blamed my system, suspected malfunctioning memory banks or bad pins in my processor respondng to temperaure changes and many other things but finally found out it was just lazy me. The touch of the tip of my middle finger supporting the pen apparently started off a command that was interupted by the pen clicking on the 'render' button and so left un-finished.
    Firefly does not mind how it is kicked off but apparently Superfly does.

So, if you encounter same, use a normal mouse to click the button or use the hotkey (ctrl+R) to Superfly and look out for the next service update.
    I am a happy Poser user again, (but lost an argument to buy a new system. )

• not related but my rechargeable batteries in my mouse died and I had not charged more so since last night I've had to use my wacom tablet as a mouse. HATE IT! The only time I use the tablet is for Photoshop and that is only some of the time. Some time later tonight my batteries will be re-charged and this nightmare will end. LOL

• @ghostship
    So you are not in danger then, LOL!
    No for me mouse sits idle. I could not live without my Wacom on the left and my SpaceNavigator on the right. Keyboard for when needed in the middle.

• @F_Verbaas said in Are you using a Wacom Touch & Pen Intuos for mouse input?:

@ghostship
    No for me mouse sits idle. I could not live without my Wacom on the left and my SpaceNavigator on the right. Keyboard for when needed in the middle.

Ah! Another lefty. I hate 'me too' posts but I gotta add mine to this. I'd used my Wacom for decades in all Adobe apps, and despite finding it a bit clumsy with Blender and Poser/Daz at first, can't live without it now. My Space Navigator is also close at hand now that I've beaten the effer into submission.