Successful Blender to FBX Importing
msmisha last edited by
I know I saw someone asking this somewhere, but now can't find the post! (It was made about 5 months ago).
If you've ever struggled to properly import an FBX from Blender to Poser, this guide should help, even just a little.
To start, my model was created with Make Human - exported from Make Human as .mhx2, and imported into Blender as such. That's why mine comes in on such a huge scale, and here's the kicker - I am pretty sure scale is the reason meshes won't show up
Either way, from your model in Blender to Poser, be sure to export (with Blender 2.7.6) FBX as such:
- (Which again, works for me because my model is gigantic, but Blender and Poser also play weirdly with each other, so give it a shot)
- Version: FBX 7.4 binary
- Uncheck 'selected objects'
- Scale: 0.10 <--- VERY important! Any other number either made the mesh invisible, or turned my figure into a big pile of twitchy goo.
- Check 'Apply Unit'
- Forward: -Z Forward
- Up: Y Up
- Check '!EXPERIMENTAL!'
- I exported just the Arma, Mesh, and Other, but I am sure you could export the empties, camera, and lamps as well. Not so sure if they'd show up.
- Check 'Apply Modifiers'
- Everything below this point you can leave as default.
Now, when you import into Poser, keep your Geometry at 100, and let it fly!
Let me know if this works for you all!
(P.S., if anyone can find that user who was struggling with this problem as I have, please share it with them!)