Perhaps a gallery here...

• @Teyon said in Perhaps a gallery here...:

Uhm...below it? Scroll down and you should see.

Wow... it was blocked by adblock.
    Thanks ~smile~

• @shvrdavid said in [Perhaps a gallery here...]..

I added a Firefly Render thread and pinned both render threads to the top of the Poser Forum.

No idea what, or if there are plans for a gallery thou.

Sweet!
    (Poser needs that sort of thing, so drive-by curious folks can get a better idea of what its capable of.)

Do you guys not like this one:

http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-photo-gallery.html

I will admit I was unaware of that. Or if I knew, I'd forgotten.

• I don't particularly like it. All the images are squished inside a scrollable iFrame on that page. Not conducive to really showing off the images well.

Do you guys not like this one:

http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-photo-gallery.html

All the images I clicked on to see them at full size took me to Pinterest. I don't want to have to join another scam data mining site to look at the pictures, so no, I won't be submitting anything to that gallery.

• Well, that's how they've chosen to do it but there are the forum "post your X renders here" threads as well. Between the two options I would think everyone is covered, no?

As for the pinterest thing, I can ask whoever is in charge of the gallery (not sure if it's marketing or not) to not rely on the outside site for hosting - though I didn't think you had to join in order to view.

As for the pinterest thing, I can ask whoever is in charge of the gallery (not sure if it's marketing or not) to not rely on the outside site for hosting - though I didn't think you had to join in order to view.

Another thing that turned me off. I didn't even try clicking on them, but I saw that issue from another site, and I have no desire to get started with Pinterest, because they cover up what's there as soon as you start scrolling down, UNLESS you're a member. Sorry . . . NO!

• @Teyon
    I'm not sure, when I arrived at the page I got the full splash screen to join. I have looked at images before at full size, but I was limited to the number of items you could look at (like 3 in 24 hours) before it requested me to join if I wanted to look further. I've never been back to the site since, so even if they fixed it, they damaged their reputation with me, data mining aside.
    I already use the 'Post your X renders Here' threads (well, the Superfly one)... I was just commenting on the gallery concept. I would expect a gallery to be the actual host, not just a repository for links. Just my interpretation, but I am far more familiar with the bricks and mortar kind of gallery space...

• Poser Ambassadors

@Teyon : If we want people to actually see the gallery, I'd strongly recommend configuring it so that it can be seen with ad-block running.

I run an ad-blocker, and it isn't because I don't want to see ads; it's because so many sites sell ad space and make little effort to ensure that those ads aren't booby trapped.

• Well I've already made mention to Charles how folks are feeling about the current site gallery. We'll have to wait and see if there's anything that can be done. Somethings aren't as easy to change as we may like. :)

• @Teyon Thanks Teyon! I really appreciate you passing on this feedback.