Post your Firefly Renders

• @ghostship Nice*, but I'm stuck with Firefly - and this is the "Post your Firefly Renders" thread... ;o)
    However I'll give them a try since your irises don't look like my contact lenses ! Any non-P11 specific nodes will still be there if I use it in PP2014 and there might be enough left to work ?

*The sclera looks too smooth to me. On the RDNA thread Bagginsbill demonstrated using an inverted version of the texture (not so good) and/or a procedural to give a slight bump to it.

• @ghostship Just tried it. Nope - no good at all in Firefly. :o(
    (The main stuff (that I can see) for sclera and iris is a P11 specific node inside a compound node. I was surprised that I can even see the 'CompReflection' (a P11-specific Mix Closure node) in the sclera (within a compound node) in PP2014...)
    No way I can see to use it in FF
    0_1511488774581_freaky.jpg

• @redphantom - That's right. EyeCorneaBulge (and EyeIrisConvexivity to fake the corneal refraction).
    I'm sure bagginsbill won't mind me reposting this from my backup of the RDNA thread.
    0_1511489188073_bbRdna.jpg
    You can see that very distinct boundary between sclera and iris, but not as bad as in my render.
    And I think this render was using the procedural sclera bump.

• @3dcheapskate I realized my mistake at suggesting that shader for FF because it's for SF. Sorry to make you go down that rabbit hole. I'll see about making a FF version for you.

• @ghostship No worries ! Anyway, there's nothing wrong with going down rabbit holes - that's the best short cut to Wonderland ! :o)

• @3dcheapskate I'm having difficulties getting the eye shaders to look decent to me in Firefly. I'm just so used to the way Superfly looks compared. have a look.

0_1511510278395_Compare.jpg

• @ghostship I've started a new thread to continue any discussion on rendering eyes in Firefly, cleverly entitled "Firefly Eyes".

• @3dcheapskate Okay, now I'm confused. Why are we talking about a bug's eyes?

• @eclark1849 Bugs and mammals have very different eyes. Did you know that eyes aren't round because it's convenient compared to bugs. Eyes not only sense light, the shape is critical. It explains why you can see better out the front, and it also explains why 3D representations don't look right. Once light starts bouncing around in there, it's not just an aggie marble... :-)

• Playing with the Poser atmosphere a couple of years ago, it's Dr Andystein

0_1511739912024_DrAndyStein4-main.jpg

• Testing out MD7 designed clothing in Poser for my graphic novel project.

alt text

• alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• @gpanther3 WOW!

• 0_1514294806917_The Batman WIP.jpg

Another in a long line of superhero costumes I created that I am converting to Superfly mats and giving them a workout. I guess I am trying to get it out of my system, but I am afraid I am just feeding the beast and not moving on like I want to.

• @rokketman Cool! but you posted in the Firefly thread. LOL

• @ghostship Oops!

• AKHN. Hall of Sphinxes Concept Art. Mains have Paulv2 & Paulinev2 bases.
    alt text

• 0_1514507659227_PR_Nightjar.jpg
    I'm spending some time this week doing something I rarely find time to do anymore... have some fun rendering something other than product shots. Here, I'm playing with one of my favorite sets, "Frogmouths, Nightjars & Goatsuckers". These birds sleep during the day, camouflaging themselves as "tree" branches during the day.

The Puerto Rican Nightjar is endemic to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. It is an endangered species and roughly there were 1,400 to 2,000 adult individuals (before Hurricane Maria). Habitat destruction, feral house cats and introduced mongoose populations are the leading causes for their endangerment.

It eats nocturnal insects, including beetles, moths and other flying insects. They forage by making fly-catching sallies from perches and hunt beneath tree canopies. Smaller prey items are probably consumed in flight, but larger insects are carried in the bill back to perch, where they are shaken and swallowed. It is typically found in semi-deciduous forest with hardwood trees and little or no ground vegetation, usually on dry, limestone soils.

The moth shown is Mariamne's Giant Flag Moth native to eastern Mexico to Panama.

Rendered in Firefly without no postwork. Products include Dinoraul's Trees 201204 and 201206, Songbird ReMix Frogmouths, Nightjars & Goatsuckers and Nature's Wonders Giant Moths and Moths of the World v3 by me.

• Bringing Grand'MA on a ride ! No postwork !

alt text

• Nice bike!

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.