Post your Firefly Renders

• @kalypso @karina

I confirm: I was used to my Vic4.3, as I renamed it: Vic4.2 + Morphs++ + X&M addons
    Till I discovered Sasha-16, wich is my base now, without X&M addons (which were great)

• @karina Oh I didn't mean I use them at the same time! I have a .cr2 set up with the perfect fixes, one with Corvas' fixes and after Sasha came out I've been using her and have injected all the morphs including CDI's.

Sometimes when I have a fully clothed figure I'll just use the Corvas .cr2 cause all I'll need will be the shoulder fix. Perfect has some useful morphs for the neck, back detail and knees.

Sasha is great for nudes and extreme posing. Plus klausdbg has released some awesome characters for Sasha over at sharecg.

• @kalypso said in Post your Firefly Renders:

@karina Oh I didn't mean I use them at the same time! I have a .cr2 set up with the perfect fixes, one with Corvas' fixes and after Sasha came out I've been using her and have injected all the morphs including CDI's.

Sometimes when I have a fully clothed figure I'll just use the Corvas .cr2 cause all I'll need will be the shoulder fix. Perfect has some useful morphs for the neck, back detail and knees.

Sasha is great for nudes and extreme posing. Plus klausdbg has released some awesome characters for Sasha over at sharecg.

you're right kalypso, and I understand perfectly what you're talking about.
    In fact your two-prongued attempt (one for dressed renders, one for nudes - or when limb bends do matter) is a perfect example.

That's why I suggested "decide which works better for you, and which you prefer."
    One of the big advantages of Poser is that you can save multiple versions of your base figure to the library, ready for immediate action so one doesn't have to reinvent the wheel over and over again. ;)

Thank you! -K-

• @tburzio said in Post your Firefly Renders:

If you will notice, almost all the figures you see are stick thin, which is the best way to disguise this problem.

Actually there is another reason that the figures are stick thin, that is more practical. It's the same reason that models are stick thin. But in the real world, clothes don't cause "pokethrough" when a figure bends.

So in the Poserverse, you have to allow some suitable amount if distance between the figure and the clothing to compensate for pokethroughs when bending, or to cover different figure morphs. It's not bad if you have one layer of clothing to work with, but if you start layering clothing (undies, skirt and blouse over undies, jacket over blouse, and so on), the extra allowances for all of those layers to work together suddenly makes a "normal" weight person looks like they gained 25 pounds.

This issue isn't as bad when clothing is weight mapped properly, but for older legacy clothing ... yeah. You either morphed like crazy or adjusted the offsets of the clothing so that it worked with any pose and any FBM.

So the figure starts out thin. By the time you add all the layers, she looks reasonably normal. 8-)

• @vilters not to derail this discussion, but I must take issue, in light of Poser's current implementation, with the implications of your assertions as stated:

@vilters said in Post your Firefly Renders:

@tburzio
    Want to bend a toe with the "forearm bend joint"? What's stopping you?
    And BTW : You don't need vertex groups in Poser AT ALL.

Dealing with the second assertion first, such a blanket statement about not needing vertex groups at all, must be qualified with "for rigging". Vertex groups, or at the very least, material zones, which define facets and hence their inherent vertices are the perfect and intended mechanism for restricting the area of effect of morphs when creating them using the morphing tool, and weight maps, when painting them within Poser's joint editor. Unless you are an exquisitely dexterous artist using an extremely high-end system with instantaneous responsiveness, preventing overpainting of weight maps or morph effects needs all the help it can get.

On the first assertion, Poser, currently, does not deal correctly with the rotational centres of weight mapping for anything other than direct parent-child actor hierarchies. I can demonstrate that rotation of a grand-child ghost bone whose weight mapping applies only to its grandparent actor's geometry does not orbit the joint centre defined by the current rotation of the intermediate child ghost bone, but acts as though the child bone is in its unrotated position. (Think chest, rBreast, rBreast2 hierarchy, where the origin of rBreast2 follows the endpoint of rBreast.)

• AKHN. Costume design concept art for a character in the upcoming graphic novel AKHN.2
    alt text
    AKHN. Costume design concept art for a character in the upcoming graphic novel AKHN.3
    alt text

• Poser Ambassadors

Tranquility
    Evolution with Summer dress from Karanta.

0_1516969650329_Tranqility.jpg

• @Ladonna That light really does give off a very peaceful atmosphere, she's nicely posed too, great work!

• Poser Ambassadors

@kalypso Thank you :) Had to relax a bit from my first base pack for her , which I just finis yesterday.. Fortunately Ero offer me help with rigging , so I can now move forward .

• Firefly render for a change. Since the scene relies on displacement and ... well ...
    V2 Mermaid and scene from Cybertenko.
    alt text

• Meet AKHN Lord Djehuti. AKHN chpt I coming soon.
    alt text

• Meet AKHN Lord Bast.
    alt text

• Meet AKHN Lord Khnum.
    alt text

• Meet AKHN Lord Hyena.
    alt text

• Aww. Pics are too dark for me to see anything.

• @eclark1849
    My apologies, but all of my work is checked on 4 different monitors before I put them out. I've had some people try an view them on their phones, but they are formatted for larger screens and are probably not enjoyable on anything smaller than a smart tablet screen. Again my apologies.

• Poser Ambassadors

Regarding the image/monitor brightness, I am (YET AGAIN) suspecting gamma mishandling somewheres.

The images look fine to me on my monitor in Chrome browser. It could be a browser issue.

For some fun, go look on this page, wherein the same image appears to be a pear to some and an apple to others.

• @bagginsbill Looked like a freshly washed pear to me in Firefox and Opera. Well, at least until I started traversing down the page, as I could see a slight/brief image of an apple overlay every time I hit the down arrow. ~wink~

• @bagginsbill Tried that link, however I always see a pear, using Chrome or IE 11...
    Maybe it's because I have a calibrated monitor?
    As a side note, depending on what program I use to open it as an image, the result may vary.

• Playing with displacement and DoF. And good old V3RR.

Displaced
    alt text