material sampler for the P11 construct

• Poser Ambassadors

Also includes a "haze ring" prop which will hide the UV seam between the sky and the ground, and Godray props to fit the "Sky Aglow" atmosphere MAT.

I recommend that you switch off all unneeded lights. For a Sun/moon, make a point light and scale it up to about 8000%, and position it against the skydome wall. Attenuation should be "constant".

For the RGB mapped ground, create your own controller maps by starting with a black background and drawing footpaths in green, stony areas in red, flowers in blue.

Copyright seachnasaigh 2016. Free for both personal and commercial renders; do not redistribute.

construct material sampler

alt text

• @seachnasaigh Thank you so much!

• Thank you very much.

• @seachnasaigh Thank you very much!

• This is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing!

• thanks !

• Poser Ambassadors

I tweaked the ambience, ground color and lighting a little and added a treeline to this one. This sampler is AWESOME!

0_1476130721450_ConstructTest.jpg

• @Boni

Wow!

• This works great! Thank you very much!

• @Boni Fantastic job Boni! That looks great.

• Poser Ambassadors

@Y-Phil and @Miss-B thank you for your kinds words! I wish a box of chocolate for you both!

It took ... approximately 2 minutes to render too. The settings were default! No fireflies. Just one infinite light set at 200 with warm beigy/orange settings in color and diffuse. The ruins, and the construct with the new mat sampler. I turned down the ambience to .5 on the background and added a treeline I made in Photoshop applied to the high-res square.

• Poser Ambassadors

I've got the servers running treeline renders this morning.alt text

I'll do a treeline starting 100m from the center, then another pano render with the treeline beginning at 200m out.

What will take time to set up will be city skylines, since I'll have to import, texture, and arrange lots of buildings. Unless I can figure out how to set up ecosystem scattering such that it will only do random rotations in 90' increments and leave proper spacing.

• I never looked at Construct before but now I sure am glad I did :-) Thanks!

• Poser Ambassadors

I eagerly await your treeline/skylines. Have you considered making a "generic" secondary line so folks can texture it themselves, OR instructions so they can change to skylines of their choice that they make themselves?

• Poser Ambassadors

@Boni said in material sampler for the P11 construct:

I eagerly await your treeline/skylines. Have you considered making a "generic" secondary line so folks can texture it themselves, OR instructions so they can change to skylines of their choice that they make themselves?

Yes, I figured on folks making custom treelines/skylines. I'll probably have two or three billboard walls of different heights, so that you don't have a lot of unneeded alpha panel.

For example, with a construct of 200m diameter (treeline 100m back from the center), the treeline will be relatively higher than if you have the construct scaled to 400m diameter (trees begin 200m back).
    Same with a cityscape, comparing a skyline which begins one block back from center to a cityscape which begins two blocks away.

I made a morph for the atmosphere haze ring, to nudge the bottom edge outward to clear the treeline billboard.

Oh, the treelines I've generated are seamless 360' panoramas, so you'll be free to spin the treeline ring so as to get the sun/moon direction to agree with the lighting in your scene; you won't see any UV seam.

• Poser Ambassadors

@seachnasaigh You are a Poser God ... I bow at your temple of Construct-edness! Wow. This is great!

• Poser Ambassadors

Well, thanks, Boni, but Bentley/Eon just dethroned me. I was beginning another networked render, and it all stopped, and a window popped up requiring my serial number. I entered it, and Vue continued, but only with the default five RenderCows. I bought (permanent) licenses for two extra five-cow packs (allows me to run more slave units in network), but now Bentley/Eon isn't acknowledging them.alt text

I called the phone number on my license receipt, and a chap in UK answered; he didn't even recognize the name "Vue" at first. Said I need to call back tomorrow during US office hours.alt text

So, I'm kind of out of commission for panorama background rendering until/unless Bentley/Eon make good on the licenses I purchased.

• @Boni said in material sampler for the P11 construct:

@seachnasaigh You are a Poser God ... I bow at your temple of Construct-edness! Wow. This is great!

Agreed! I couldn't have said it better Boni. ~smile~

• Poser Ambassadors

Thank you, Boni and Miss B.alt text

I think I have my HyperVue RenderCows back; I logged in to my e-on account and renewed activations, then opened Vue on Urania and re-added the cow packs and it shows a total of fifteen cows again. But I have chores to do before I can get servers fired up to test it.

Meantime, here's what I had before the debacle; a 200m diameter clearing,
    camera at -50':
    alt text

camera at +70' (dig that crazy walnut tree!):
    alt text

Note that the treeline is either in shadow or has light directly entering, in agreement with the sun position of the atmosphere and (half strength) Poser infinite light.

The 200m diameter pano render is 8192x384 (reduced version to fit forum shown):
    alt text
    It's a seamless panorama, so it's OK to have the UV seam in a shot because you won't see a seam.

The 400m clearing version will be for scenes where you need to scale the construct up for more elbow room.

I may try rendering the treeline pano again with an olive green sky to see if I can eliminate -or at least reduce- that alpha fringe. If anyone has suggestions, please jump in!alt text

• @seachnasaigh I think this is wonderful, but is there anything that can be done about the really bright white outline on the trees?