Changing email accout

• I need to change my email account. There's a typo. How do I do that?

• @redphantom

Email change can only be done by our support and admins.
    Your email address identifies your accounts across multiple systems (both internal to us and external), so any change to it needs to be appropriately synchronized, or some undesired effects may occur.
    In cases such as yours, being a typo in email provided, if one plans to continue using that account it is important to notify us of such error as possible so we correct it before things get entangled even further.

I think we did not encounter many cases like this, maybe one, so maybe I can help to make progress here.
    First, I need following information:
    How did you register on Graphics Portal web site? I guess regular sign-up, since there is a typo in your email.
    If that is the case, your email needs to be changed in two places:

1. Graphics Portal
    2. forum
      3)possibly some internal records, have yet to check

If you signed-up to Portal using Renderosity or CP account, or your account was automatically created after purchasing our software, well, that's a tough one :)...I'm not sure...resolving this may or may not be possible...anyways definitely not easy nor fast thing to do.

• For start, what's the email you intended to use?

• The email I was wanting was redphantom_1@yahoo.com. On my profile, if says redphanrom_1@yahoo.com with an r rather than a t. I believe I signed up using the registration form here. I didn't try to link to Renderosity. My account at Content Paradise has the correct address.

• Email was changed on Graphics Portal and forum.

PS:
    It is important that this email is not yet linked to sales or something, which I guess it is not the case as it is a typo and the typo occurred on regular sign-up page.
    Generally, in case of a typo, email change should be relatively easy to handle on our side.

• Thankyou very much

• @redphantom
    You're welcome

• I need to change my email from talexander@smithmicro.com to the_3dartist.ta@gmail.com

• @Teyon
    Your email has been changed.

• @admin Thanks!

• Poser Ambassadors

I, too, need to change my email thanks to Yahoo and their actions over this data breach. May not have access to my account of 20+ years there for much longer.
    Current email malrou@yahoo.com
    new email thekageryu@gmail.com

Thank you

• @kageryu said in Changing email accout:

I, too, need to change my email thanks to Yahoo and their actions over this data breach. May not have access to my account of 20+ years there for much longer.
    Current email malrou@yahoo.com
    new email thekageryu@gmail.com
    Thank you

Changed on both pgportal and forum.
    I'm not sure what to do with your Content Paradise account...or how. Also, there may be other services involved. Can you think of any other?

• Poser Ambassadors

@admin
    Thank you
    I logged into CP the other day and changed it, so it should be ok. For other services aside from here, and PGportal, I am unsure of which are connected how, so here's everywhere related to Smith Micro/Poser I can think of that I used the email on(I am trying to change the ones I can but I have so much linked to that email address):
    My.SmithMicro and Smith Micro Tech Support
    Cleverspring
    For the moment I still have access to my yahoo mail, but not sure for how long. I do have it being retrieved through gmail, but not sure if that will work indefinitely either given Yahoo's constantly changing policies.

• @kageryu

I logged into CP the other day and changed it, so it should be ok.

Awesome.
    I do have access to PGPortal, Forum and Content Paradise, but not the others.
    Yes, my.smithmicro.com is a place you'd probably like to have your email changed also. But, this is out of SmithMicro reach, as the store actually belongs to FastSpring sales provider.
    You should have an email somewhere around, from any purchase made in our store. It should contain a link to FastSpring page where you can update your email address.
    notes:
    *Not updating your password in the store may result in your future purchases not being linked to your SmithMicro account.
    *Smith Micro Tech Support - not sure if I can help you with this one. If you cannot change it, i guess you need to write a support ticket there.

• Poser Ambassadors

FastSpring, ok, not cleverspring. I got it confused.
    I changed the password at the support page, and Content Paradise. I'm just having trouble finding the place on my.smithmicro.com to view or change account settings. I am hoping it might be linked to the support password as there seems to be a direct link from one to the other. I will do a more thorough search over the holiday.

Thank you for the assistance.

• Hey, so it turns out I gave you the wrong email account, lol. I was sitting here wondering why I couldn't log in and luckily had this page stored in history. The email should be the3dartist.ta@gmail.com note the lack of an underscore. I don't know how or why I typed it with an underscore but that was a huge mistake. Explains why I haven't been getting notifications.

• @Teyon said in Changing email accout:

Hey, so it turns out I gave you the wrong email account, lol. I was sitting here wondering why I couldn't log in and luckily had this page stored in history. The email should be the3dartist.ta@gmail.com note the lack of an underscore. I don't know how or why I typed it with an underscore but that was a huge mistake. Explains why I haven't been getting notifications.

Changed to the3dartist.ta@gmail.com

• Awesome and I got a notification too, so all is again right with the world...now I have to buy Poser.

• Poser Ambassadors

Good News, I was able to recover my Yahoo account after much tenacity and effort. I am going to leave the email as it is for now, as I am keeping both accounts.

• I also need to change my email thanks to Yahoo and their really stupid "security".
    They bully me to verify my account on almost every second login attempt which is driving me raging mad.

So please change "karina.kiev(ad)ymail-dot-com"
    to
    forumteam.sasha16(ad)protonmail-dot-com

Thank you very much!

Karina