Rendering online for poser?

• Hi.. I just want to ask. Where is the best place to do rendering online for poser?

• @momogun I don't think Poser has real network rendering capabilities. The challenge is that many network rendering platforms (aka 'renderers') also have their own shader systems, so you either find equivalents or stick with textures.

I have been playing around with OneRender for a while now, but not a lot of really sophisticated scenes yet - mostly for promotional renders. They do have a couple of test images of Victoria 7 on their website rendered in OneRender, but I don't see much in the way of material replacement there.

OneRender isn't really a render farm though. You upload your models to an online scene and do your layout within your browser. Then you can start rendering and even log out if you want. It can actually crunch video / 360 video which makes it a real time saver.

alt text

• @meshbox Thanks for the info. I saw a lot of web site doing online rendering. I thought maybe that is the function of Q manager in poser, to do the rendering online.. Sorry i m newbie. Then what is the function of Q manager... only pc to pc ?

• Sir MeshBox. I want to do a lot of rendering for my project in the future. Do u think
    OneRender is the best place to do that ?

• Poser Ambassadors

Queue Manager allows you to send animation frames or a batch list of stills off to other computers on your home network. You can install Queue Manager on as many machines as you wish.

Queue Manager does not distribute a single render across multiple computers; I would ~love~ to have that feature added to Queue Manager.

• @momogun

You can also use the queue manager on the same computer as Poser's, for example if you want to send the computations to the background and close Poser to do something else. I do this regularly as I have only one PC.

• @seachnasaigh said in Rendering online for poser?:

Queue Manager allows you to send animation frames or a batch list of stills off to other computers on your home network. You can install Queue Manager on as many machines as you wish.

Queue Manager does not distribute a single render across multiple computers; I would ~love~ to have that feature added to Queue Manager.

Agreed! The option to use it in either mode would be wonderful!

• @momogun I have googled and read about quite a few online render farms. The issue is trying to find out if they are compatible with Poser. I don't think I have read about any of them that are compatible with Poser, at least not that you can open Queue Manager and just see the additional network nodes. So I am not sure how you would render a Poser job on an online render farm.

• @momogun It is really going to depend on your goals for your projects. Previously, I was a regular user of Vue / Poser / PoserFusion for rendering, and I still use Vue a lot. SuperFly though has really peaked my interest using Poser as a rendering platform.

With OneRender, I can upload a bunch of models, lay out a scene with a lot of flexibility, and then put all the render work onto OneRender rather than using some computer on my own network. The free version lets you do very small / basic renders, so you can at least get an idea what you are doing there first. The paid for version includes a point system for running renders on virtual GPUs (I know they are using both their own network and AWS for this), so you can dedicate multiple processors and cut down on render times.

There are a few things that I find irritating on OneRender, and they've been good about taking feedback from me. I think there's a nice update coming next month that will include a number of user suggestions.

Anyway - you can't go wrong with trying the free level.

• @seachnasaigh do u have any tutorials video of Q manager.? I have installed poser in two different computers at my house but the software requires 2 different serial number.

• @meshbox my project is 40 minutes animation.

• Keep in mind that the Queue Manager is a feature of Poser Pro...

• Thanks all. For the reply and the explanation.

• @seachnasaigh is that possible to use 1 poser serial number for 5 computers in the network. What IS THE SOLUTION? What the type of serial number to make them work(in LAN)?

• Poser Ambassadors

@momogun said in Rendering online for poser?:

@seachnasaigh do u have any tutorials video of Q manager.? I have installed poser in two different computers at my house but the software requires 2 different serial number.

I don't have any video tuts, but there are likely some out there.

What you need is a single Poser Pro license. Pro includes Queue Manager. You can install Queue Manager on as many machines as you scrounge up for your home network. I commonly use 17 or 18 for Poser animations.

When you're ready to render a section of your animation (at 40 minutes, I'm assuming it's more than one scene), you send the render to Queue.

• Poser Ambassadors

@momogun said in Rendering online for poser?:

@seachnasaigh is that possible to use 1 poser serial number for 5 computers in the network. What IS THE SOLUTION? What the type of serial number to make them work(in LAN)?

Yes! One Poser Pro license/serial is all you need. Install Poser Pro on the master machine, activating it with the Poser Pro serial.

With a Poser Pro purchase, you also got a Queue Manager serial. Now run the installer on each slave unit, but insert the Queue serial (not the Poser Pro serial).
    You can install Queue on as many machines as you want.

• Poser Ambassadors

When you install Queue on your slave machines (remember, enter the Queue serial), the first time you launch Queue, you'll get a security popup asking whether to grant firewall permission. The answer is YES; if Queue can't communicate over your local network with your master workstation, then it won't work. Queue must have firewall permission. All of your machines should be in one homegroup.

Now, to run an animation, go to each slave machine and launch Queue.

Then, on the master workstation, click animation: make movie, and within the prompt window which appears, click send render to: queue.
    0_1476555541668_animation~make movie~send render to ~queue.PNG

A browse window will pop up to let you give a series name for the image files and choose file format, and decide where to save the frames. So you might enter "chase" and PNG, and save it to a folder in your project folder.
    After perhaps several seconds, the master's Queue will launch itself, find the slave Queues on your network, and then you'll see a flurry of file transfers scrolling in the master's Queue window.

• Thank you sir. This is really helpful.. In this case I don't need render farm anymore.. Thanks once again for u time to give the explanation..

• @seachnasaigh I do it like u said but after few hours the status still waiting. How to fix this?

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.