Rendering online for poser?

• Keep in mind that the Queue Manager is a feature of Poser Pro...

• Thanks all. For the reply and the explanation.

• @seachnasaigh is that possible to use 1 poser serial number for 5 computers in the network. What IS THE SOLUTION? What the type of serial number to make them work(in LAN)?

• Poser Ambassadors

@momogun said in Rendering online for poser?:

@seachnasaigh do u have any tutorials video of Q manager.? I have installed poser in two different computers at my house but the software requires 2 different serial number.

I don't have any video tuts, but there are likely some out there.

What you need is a single Poser Pro license. Pro includes Queue Manager. You can install Queue Manager on as many machines as you scrounge up for your home network. I commonly use 17 or 18 for Poser animations.

When you're ready to render a section of your animation (at 40 minutes, I'm assuming it's more than one scene), you send the render to Queue.

• Poser Ambassadors

@momogun said in Rendering online for poser?:

@seachnasaigh is that possible to use 1 poser serial number for 5 computers in the network. What IS THE SOLUTION? What the type of serial number to make them work(in LAN)?

Yes! One Poser Pro license/serial is all you need. Install Poser Pro on the master machine, activating it with the Poser Pro serial.

With a Poser Pro purchase, you also got a Queue Manager serial. Now run the installer on each slave unit, but insert the Queue serial (not the Poser Pro serial).
    You can install Queue on as many machines as you want.

• Poser Ambassadors

When you install Queue on your slave machines (remember, enter the Queue serial), the first time you launch Queue, you'll get a security popup asking whether to grant firewall permission. The answer is YES; if Queue can't communicate over your local network with your master workstation, then it won't work. Queue must have firewall permission. All of your machines should be in one homegroup.

Now, to run an animation, go to each slave machine and launch Queue.

Then, on the master workstation, click animation: make movie, and within the prompt window which appears, click send render to: queue.
    0_1476555541668_animation~make movie~send render to ~queue.PNG

A browse window will pop up to let you give a series name for the image files and choose file format, and decide where to save the frames. So you might enter "chase" and PNG, and save it to a folder in your project folder.
    After perhaps several seconds, the master's Queue will launch itself, find the slave Queues on your network, and then you'll see a flurry of file transfers scrolling in the master's Queue window.

• Thank you sir. This is really helpful.. In this case I don't need render farm anymore.. Thanks once again for u time to give the explanation..

• @seachnasaigh I do it like u said but after few hours the status still waiting. How to fix this?

• Poser Ambassadors

Where is this "waiting" notice? Did you send a job to Queue and are now seeing "waiting" in the master's Queue window?

Do you have Queue launched on the remotes? In the remotes' Queue window, do you see text lines at the bottom saying "discovery query from..."?

edit: Ah, I see the screengrabs now.

OK, the master should show at least one remote reporting itself "available", but it isn't. The master's Queue doesn't see the available slave unit.

Your remote should show "discovery query from..." but it isn't. Your remote doesn't see the master on your local network.

Probably, their communication is being blocked by your firewall. Try opening the application rules section of your security software and ensure that both master and slave Queues have firewall permission.

• Make sure you are suing the exact same build number on the Queue Mangers.

• Yes, make sure you are using the exact same build number of Queue Manager on both machines, and check all three firewalls: your main machine, the remote machine, and your internet router (if you have one and both machines are plugged into it in order to communicate).

• Poser Ambassadors

Oh, yes! Build numbers must match! On the top (title) bar of Queue on each machine, click help:about and it will show the build number. If there is any discrepancy, then run the Download Manager (DLM) on every machine.

You should have the Poser Pro serial entered in the DLM of the master, and the Queue serial entered in the DLM of the slave units.

Also, you should have all of your computers in a common homegroup.

• Yes! One Poser Pro license/serial is all you need. Install Poser Pro on the master machine, activating it with the Poser Pro serial.

With a Poser Pro purchase, you also got a Queue Manager serial. Now run the installer on each slave unit, but insert the Queue serial (not the Poser Pro serial).
    You can install Queue on as many machines as you want.

Only Q managers can install in many machine.? I have installed Poser pro 11 in another machine but cannot use it in LAN. Warning message appear " somebody out there is already using this serial number".. How to fix this?

• @shvrdavid said in Rendering online for poser?:

Make sure you are suing the exact same build number on the Queue Mangers.

Yes. Number is Same

• Poser Ambassadors

Correct; you may install Queue on as many machines as you like, but Poser Pro should only be run on one machine.

Your slave units should have Queue installed, but not have Poser Pro installed. The slave units should be running Queue on the Queue serial, not the Poser Pro serial.

On your slave units, open Queue, and click help:personalize and it will allow you to enter a different serial. Enter the Queue serial, not the Poser Pro serial.

Long term, you should uninstall Poser Pro from the slaves (you'll likely need to re-install Queue afterward), and then you need to either contact SmithMicro to remove the errant Poser Pro serial activations, or you may be able to do that yourself by logging on to your account at SM. This will avoid your license being shut down for exceeding license limits.

• @seachnasaigh said in Rendering online for poser?:

Correct; you may install Queue on as many machines as you like, but Poser Pro should only be run on one machine.

Your slave units should have Queue installed, but not have Poser Pro installed. The slave units should be running Queue on the Queue serial, not the Poser Pro serial.

On your slave units, open Queue, and click help:personalize and it will allow you to enter a different serial. Enter the Queue serial, not the Poser Pro serial.

Long term, you should uninstall Poser Pro from the slaves (you'll likely need to re-install Queue afterward), and then you need to either contact SmithMicro to remove the errant Poser Pro serial activations, or you may be able to do that yourself by logging on to your account at SM. This will avoid your license being shut down for exceeding license limits.

Which mean, I have to buy many license number for group of people working in LAN. (animation team)? or have other options for this case?

• Poser Ambassadors

If you have several people who will all want to have Poser Pro -not just Queue- running on separate computers, contact SmithMicro to ask for a multi-seat license quote. That would be cheaper than buying several separate Poser Pro licenses.

• @seachnasaigh said in Rendering online for poser?:

If you have several people who will all want to have Poser Pro -not just Queue- running on separate computers, contact SmithMicro to ask for a multi-seat license quote. That would be cheaper than buying several separate Poser Pro licenses.

I see. I want to buy that type of serial license soon. Thanks for this info.

• Where I work we have a multi-seat license for Poser Pro 2014 and just so you know the second set of numbers in the key will tell you how many devices you can have the software on. Most Keys start XPA0CRD-0001. The -0001 says this license can run on one machine at a time. The work one says -0014 so that allows 14 machines to be on the network at the same time. For the Queue Manager the Serial # should be something like QMA0CRD-9999. The A is for Poser 10 and B would be for Poser 11. The -9999 is the number of render slaves you can have running on your local network.

As far as your other installs of Poser on your slave machines if you go into Help->Deactivate License and click OK to the warning message then you should not have to contact support about clearing the license when you later reinstall on another machine. Just do not do it too often or it will flag as unusual activity and require human assistance. This applies to Poser 2014GD and later.