What would YOU change about the Poser UI???

• OK folks, here's a link to a thread from about a year ago where Traci posted a link to a neat little script that I use more often than not. I just don't know for sure if it's still available as, IIRC, it was in her Dropbox, and she may have taken it down.

Looking For A Material Room Script

• @eclark1849 I don't think that another update for P11 will come out before P12. Problems still in P11 will stay forever. So why waste energy?

• @adp said in What would YOU change about the Poser UI???:

@eclark1849 I don't think that another update for P11 will come out before P12. Problems still in P11 will stay forever. So why waste energy?

I'm not talking about P11. You think this crap is limited to just P11? Even if it is, they need to be aware of it so that it doesn't happen in future versions.

• You know, ironically, Poser doesn't need to worry about losing me to Studio. I detest that program's very existence. And it's a good program. I probably would be using it if I started right now. But if I couldn't use Poser anymore after using it for the last 20 years, then the program they need to worry about losing me to is Blender.

• @miss-b said in What would YOU change about the Poser UI???:

OK folks, here's a link to a thread from about a year ago where Traci posted a link to a neat little script that I use more often than not. I just don't know for sure if it's still available as, IIRC, it was in her Dropbox, and she may have taken it down.

Looking For A Material Room Script

Yeah, I kind of have to agree with BB's assessment on that script. I makes them nice and tidy, but now you don't know which node you're looking at. Although, if you don't have a lot of nodes it could be helpful. Would also be nice if, like Blender, we could partition off sections of a node setup, so we can label what that section is supposed to do.

0_1535666900216_9b9f34bb-3fa5-434b-af9b-1af9b033d762-image.png

• This doesn't solve some of the other issues y'all have pointed out, like not having an easy way to "clean up" the nodes on materials that load with multiple nodes overlapping. But at least it can help when you're organizing nodes so you can see what a material does and/or preparing your own materials.

As with nearly every other panel (or "window") in Poser, you can "float" the Materials panel and then grab a corner and resize it to fill up as much of your screen as you'd like. Here's a screenshot of one of my own materials in progress, with the Materials panel taking up almost all of the available screen real estate. I can move the panel partway off screen to see the Preview panel behind it, if need be.

0_1535697183210_PoserMatRoomWindow-Floating-sm.png

• A request to texture creators:

IF you have tons of nodes in your mat setup then

PLEASE!
    ->> stack them vertically!

To view all the nodes in a material

• if stacked vertically I need to hunt for that tiny scroll bar at the bottom and move it sideways, every f...ng time!
    • if stacked vertically, all I need to do is use the scroll wheel of the mouse.

Have mercy with us who don't have 16:9 cinema displays, but have them setup in DTP mode (9:16)

Thank you!

K