Looking for Teen Boy for Poser

• Poser Ambassadors

@Ladonna Here a less grainy render .Dawn should be not different from him.
    0_1534946838296_duskbend2.png

• Poser Ambassadors

Great test Ladonna,
    And see? You also lifted the collars, and twisted the arms.
    Now what if all this posing was "automatic"?
    No worries, I am preparing the video.

• Poser Ambassadors

@vilters Tony, I guess I get what you want to archive. But the shoulders are child-bones. How should they drive the parent-bones?

• Poser Ambassadors

@Ladonna
    I hope to get the video ready and online before midnight here. (6 hrs from now, one has to eat from time to time, and a visit to my parents was planned too. LOL.)

Some may like it, others less so, but I will use Dawn for the demo because then I can demo another trick for arms down.

• Poser Ambassadors

@vilters Looking forward to it :)

• Hmmm.

Probably I misunderstand your etheric problems here and you're talking about something completely different.
    (Sorry but sometimes my English is rather limited, especially on lengthy tech discussions with a lot of "technobabble" and abrevations)

But did you know that SASHA-16 can do this already:

When you dial the "shoulders" up-down-front-back, and even if you click&drag the arms in the preview window:
    The collars will follow and adjust in a natural way (a.k.a."Collar Control" in SASHA)
    And you also can enable/disable that feature by a single dial.

Just try it:
    grab SASHA's "shoulder" or "forearm" and drag it to the desired position!

Since SASHA I very rarely use dials for posing anymore. SASHA takes care of a natural pose.

Posing SASHA is merely a matter of minutes, rather than hours as it was with V4:
    Just grab a body part and drag it to where you want it to be.

Look at the poses that came with SASHA: NONE of them took me longer than 30 minutes to create!

DISCLAIMER:
    Of course this system is not perfect (which 3D figure actually is??), but it works well for me.

Not wanting to blow my own trumpet too loud here.
    Just humbly interjecting...

Karina :)

***NSFW content***

click to show

EDIT: Spelling error.
    Ha! I beat the stupid edit timer this time!!!!

• 0_1534969888646_G2 teen boy.jpg
    For the original thread
    I use G2 models (unfortunately by "…") for me G2 male and females do the job very well if needed.
    I just made this new “about 14 Year old Boy” so I can’t post a full body picture because the model is still without conforming clothes. I use G2 male Brodie and “growing up” from …, OK; you know where the models are.

About me, I follow this forum more or less since the beginning but didn’t post, so I still a “…” model user, who would really like to use those models in Poser without complicated work around’s but that’s only a wish

• There is a Fountain of Youth morph package from ironman13 on Renderosity, that is useful. Shaderworks had an Ultramorph set that I picked up from RDNA before it went to Daz. Unfortunately that package did not transfer doesn't appear to be for sale any longer. And I've also found that K4 head can be exported as an OBJ and then used as a morph target on M4, as the geometry is identical. I personally hate the K4 figure, but I've found that you can dial that a bit, then adjust as needed. Then use the M4 body morphs as the others mentioned above to create a boyish physique. I've given up on the G figures, as I don't like their reliability in Poser. Just too hard to use. I love the post from wfbp1w, above. I also would like to see Poser support these figures.

• If you have RAFFAEL, you can download for free a teen boy morph and teen girl.

0_1536175017180_boy.jpg
    DOWNLOAD at Renderosity: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/raffael---young-teen-boy/77780

0_1536175071637_girl.jpg
    DOWNLOAD at Renderosity: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/raffael---young-teen-girl/77775

• Because of the unfinished figure in my last post: Same boy new location…0_1536237020837_Sebastian_04.jpg

• @wfbp1w said in Looking for Teen Boy for Poser:

0_1534969888646_G2 teen boy.jpg
    For the original thread
    I use G2 models (unfortunately by "…") for me G2 male and females do the job very well if needed.
    I just made this new “about 14 Year old Boy” so I can’t post a full body picture because the model is still without conforming clothes. I use G2 male Brodie and “growing up” from …, OK; you know where the models are.

About me, I follow this forum more or less since the beginning but didn’t post, so I still a “…” model user, who would really like to use those models in Poser without complicated work around’s but that’s only a wish

See, here's the silly thing about Daz' name for their Genesis figures. It only NOW dawns on me that you were referring to those and not the G2 figures from Poser.

• I'm populating the cast of a young adult graphic novel almost entirely with V4 and M4, using a variety of morphs to affect age and height. For M4 characters, I almost always use Lyrra's Michael 4 Child Dial from Rendo, which doesn't just scale everything down but adjusts them in proportions appropriate to younger characters. (To vary the height of adult characters, I use Lyrra's M4 Height Dial instead.)

As for suitable textures, I've accumulated a bunch that have no facial hair or other signs of age, and I've also used Photoshop on a few to reduce facial hair or wrinkles. Given that nearly all of my main characters are between the ages of 13 and 17, I wanted to have a variety of options available to use with M4 -- and I doubt I would've been able to accumulate this many options for any other figure!

The men in this family portrait are all M4 characters, with the kids being 17 and 14. The skin is LA3D's "Sebastian Grant" available on ShareCG.com

0_1536453331432_Sinclair-FamilyPhoto-Jun21-1200.jpg

• @karina said in Looking for Teen Boy for Poser:

But did you know that SASHA-16 can do this already:

When you dial the "shoulders" up-down-front-back, and even if you click&drag the arms in the preview window:
    The collars will follow and adjust in a natural way (a.k.a."Collar Control" in SASHA)
    And you also can enable/disable that feature by a single dial.

I was thinking this same thing as I read the "off topic" parts of this thread (which I did only after submitting an "on topic" post about using M4 to make younger characters). I've tried a variety of "improvements" for V4, but nothing comes close to your SASHA-16 in terms of making V4 look good while also being so much easier to use. And I don't mean easier than default V4, I mean easier than ANY other figure! I find the pose controls, the eye-line "helpers," the new morphs, the height control, and everything else (well, not the KV) so useful that I get kinda frustrated working with other figures that don't have all that.

Any chance I can persuade you to develop a similar version for M4 that has all the pose controls and helpers and so on, even if it doesn't have weight-mapping? My M4 characters have been getting kinda lonely since SASHA-16 showed up!

• Today, I have upload in my Renderosity freebies, a Teen Boy and a Teen Girl for Raffael.

0_1536915919203_Raffael - Teen Boy.jpg0_1536916060349_Raffael - Teen Girl_TH.jpg

DOWNLOADS AT RENDEROSITY: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/contributor/3Dream

DOWNLOADS AT SHARECG: https://sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=3dream