Post your Evolution Renders

• @darthj Ohhhh, I hadn't even noticed that, but you're right. It is too large compared to all the other items on the desk.

• Unfortunately oversized props are a feature of the latest Poser.

• @darthj said in Post your Evolution Renders:

Unfortunately oversized props are a feature of the latest Poser.

In this case it has nothing to do with Poser. The phone is part of the set and yes i have to downscale it to around 80% for a reasonable size. Its size is either a mistake or intentional who knows…

• *It's simply because before Poser 11 we didn't have decent measuring tools 1, and few realized that the then-standard DAZ V4/M4 (and most of the other figures too!) were almost 2 metres tall!

That's the main reasons why so many old props and sets are oversized, usually by about 20 per cent.
    Content creators back then just gauged the relative size by eye measure.

Today, and with the ability to set our figure heights exactly in centimetres *1, this scale discrepancies become very obvious.

So if you use an older prop or set, it is good advise to scale everything down to ca. 80% of it's initial size.

Don't try to scale down individual props in a scene because that might result in unexpected changes in xyz position, or change of scale in props parented to it!

To spare you a lot of trouble:
    spawn a "Grouping Object" in Poser instead, and parent the whole plethora of props and whatever to that Grouping.
    THEN SCALE DOWN THE GROUPING!

Happy scaling!
    Karina

FOOTNOTE 1:
    Without blowing my own trumpet too loud, but SASHA was the first figure that featured life-like height settings in centimetres, and came with a Measuring Tool (the "601 The Scale" prop in the Tool Box)

• BTW assets made for Poser or DS don’t have real world size no matter how old or new they are. They are scaled to match the size of figures like V4/M4/Genesis which are nearly 2 meters tall. Thats OK because in Poser or DS real world size has no real meaning and relative scale is sufficient.

In an application like VUE things look different. In VUE the ground e.g. is not a plane because we live on a planet so it is a sphere with (default) diameter of the earth. Thats important because all the atmospheric and light related calculations are based on physics and real world scale is essential to get the correct results.

• Poser Ambassadors

How to coordinate your expression with your outfit....
    0_1538951239549_evilPEs.png

I've updated the dynamic dress added fits for PE, Dawn and Pauline.
    And also made the materials hybrid for FF & SF.
    Available soon for my Patreon Supporters.

• Comparing V4 Sasha16 and basic Evolution. Both should be 1.70m tall according to their own dials.
    The old height scale however measures them at about 1.58m.
    ***NSFW content***

click to show

Now if we reduce that height scale to 93.5 % Evolution really is 1.70m tall, Sasha 1.68m.
    ***NSFW content***
    click to show

Is 93.5 the magic number ? We'll have to check out with other figures and props. Could be that it depends on the (Poser-) age of the item.
    ps : all my buildings have been measured with that old height scale.

• Height dial at 100% for Evo base shows 1.91m in Poser. Importing the figure into VUE using PoserImporter gives a height of 1.9152m in VUE. So this is consistent.

The scale i usually use for importing Poser assets into VUE is 0.93 (more precise 8 divided by 8.6).

• @nagra_00_ it's comforting to find all this agreement with what I've been using as standard scaling (94%) for all of my V4 figures.

All of the commentary on disproportionate prop scales leads me inevitably to memories of the 1984 movie 'Top Secret', which shot Val Kilmer to fame, not least for his rendition of Lil' Richard's 'Tutti Frutti'. The movie was notorious for sight gags involving false perspective, subsequently revealed to actually be out-sized props like a telephone and a hugely swollen eye on Peter Cushing when a magnifying glass is removed. ;-)

• @nagra_00_ said in Post your Evolution Renders:

Height dial at 100% for Evo base shows 1.91m in Poser.

The standard height setting for Evo is 1.91 m, I scaled it down to 1.70 m for my render.

• @darthj said in Post your Evolution Renders:

The standard height setting for Evo is 1.91 m, I scaled it down to 1.70 m for my render.

Sure i got that.
    My point is that poser assets are always oversized to match the figures. A VW Beetle 1963 Poser model for example imported into VUE has a length of 4.4318m while the real one has a length of 4.07m to 4.14m. Applying the 0.93 scale to it gives a length of 4.12m and now it has the real world size. I use VUE for such things as it automatically displays the bounding box of a object in real world units, no need to fiddle with a ruler;)

• 8.0/8.6 = 0.93.
    The old issue of Poser unit being officially 8,6 ft, and developers using 8 ft.

• Poser props may always have been oversized but it never was as obvious as with the latest version.
    5 Popular Poser girls : Evolution and Sasha as before. Miki 2, Roxie and V4.2 reduced to 93.5 %.
    At about 1.60m tall Miki 2 and Roxie are the petite girls they were intended to be. V4.2 is still a tall (too) slender woman, more the "Tante Sidonia" type. (know your comics : Tante Sidonia is the only woman capable of hiding behind a lamppost).

***NSFW content***

click to show

• I understand having the scaling be a little off since until recently the only way to measure was an unofficial prop. But sometimes I wonder how much they try. I'm having flashbacks to The Big Comfy Couch

0_1539030525940_scaling.jpg

• Well, it does mention that it is a "big" comfy couch ...

• Here is render of PE rendered in Poser SuperFly for friend of mine,she asked me to render this as on her PC this scene always crashed and she couldn't render that,strange but here is it,wit her permission here is render

alt text

and same scene where I rendered Sasha-16 but rendered in C4D and Corona Renderer

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

• I dunno what this was supposed to be but it's now more of a "create your own story" image.

0_1540684160677_Business-Trio.jpg

A few props, evenly lit non dramatic lighting, and your imagination.

Who are these people? Is the woman in red the boss, or someone who just likes to sit behind desks!? Is the one in the white shirt late for a project, apologizing for getting the wrong coffee on the first day of her internship or defending a divisive decision from a meeting? And who is the woman in the background? Could she be one of their secretaries? Or could she be someone who sneaks into meetings and watched people argue then uploads them to youtube to increase her subscriber count!??!? Who knows, cause I don't! D:

BTW All three are PE.

• It's 3 women in 1 office and that is 2 too many.

• @johndoe641 they're obviously in "The Matrix Armoury"! And THIS is what they'll be choosing weapons from!?

Which reminds me that I need a new office chair. Mine has "The Mange"TM and is shedding, creaking, clanking and groaning worse than Banquo's Ghost! Happy all hallows!

• @johndoe641
    The person who used the desk left the company som etime ago. The top of the desk is littered with magazines and loose trivial crap that has been coming in since she left the building. It was a she, obviously, because no man would accept a pink mouse. The can with the ruler and the pencils moved place over time.
    The position of the screen and keyboard and mouse indicated that she who left was right-handed. The notepad and pen were dropped by the Rose (red-shirt girl). The other girls are her team-mates. There was a team meeting this morning that ended in a big fight. Rose walked out, coffee in left hand, pad and pen in right hand and says she does not want to work in the team anymore while Lilly (the white shirt girl) is still there, so she claims the separate un-used desk. Violet (the girl wearing the blue-striped top) stand by and watches. There is little else she can do. The fight is between Rose and Lilly. It is about a man of course: Evolus, the young handsome office assisent (who dropped al the junkmail on the desk). He has been Rose's pet boy for a while, but Rose feels he is losing interest. She accuses Lilly of making advances to her Evolus.