Post your Evolution Renders

• @amethystpendant 's Tori face morph dialed a bit under 100% at sunset. I'm no good at straight on portrait images so I gave it a bit of a dutch angle to help. :P0_1547346500888_Tori-Portico-1.jpg

• @johndoe641 Looking good. ~smile~

• @miss-b said in Post your Evolution Renders:

@johndoe641 Looking good. ~smile~

Thanks, I hope amethystpendant likes it. Tori is a really lovely morph and what I've found is that she mixes really well at different strengths so not quite PE and not quite Tori and I really love that versatility.

• @johndoe641 said in Post your Evolution Renders:

@miss-b said in Post your Evolution Renders:

@johndoe641 Looking good. ~smile~

Thanks, I hope amethystpendant likes it. Tori is a really lovely morph and what I've found is that she mixes really well at different strengths so not quite PE and not quite Tori and I really love that versatility.

I certainly do, nice render and good balance between Tori and PE ~happy dance~

• @amethystpendant Yes, I've been playing with both the Body and Head settings, and there are a number of them I'm liking.

• @amethystpendant said in Post your Evolution Renders:

amethystpendant

Wow Tori looks very realistic. Great work!

• @estherau Thank you, glad you like her :o)

• A quick render featuring my character morph Maria.

0_1547856401824_Maria.jpg

• Another render using Maria.

0_1548238096928_Maria_NWX_Section.jpg

• Annie - 'Teddy Drapes'

I love PE to bits, but I've had loads of trouble accurately recreating my favourite V4 character, Annie with it. I just can't seem to get her face looking perfect. I've made a separate topic on this, if anyone could advise. Some of your characters in this topic are beautiful! I think the main issue is the cheeks, but I'm not 100% sure. With that said, this is the kind if thing I'm doing with her at the moment.
    ***=NSFW content***

click to show

• @glen85 said in Post your Evolution Renders:

Annie - 'Teddy Drapes'

I love PE to bits, but I've had loads of trouble accurately recreating my favourite V4 character, Annie with it. I just can't seem to get her face looking perfect. I've made a separate topic on this, if anyone could advise. Some of your characters in this topic are beautiful! I think the main issue is the cheeks, but I'm not 100% sure. With that said, this is the kind if thing I'm doing with her at the moment.
    ***=NSFW content***

click to show

Well, that's one way to get over the Annie face problem :)

• Finally i found some time for a small render with a last minute pose change to avoid NSFW. Face is Nathalie for PE, hair is SAV Alpha-hair with BB hair shader, set is Medbay by SM.

0_1549616752433_Nathalie.jpg

• @nagra_00_ Very nice!

Two quick questions:

Are you finding it easy to fit hairs made for figures to PE? I'm horrible at it so I just get frustrated trying to match certain ones I want to use.

I didn't know that SM made a med bay. When did that come out? D:

• @johndoe641 Yes fitting hair to PE can be frustrating. In this case i used a prop hair and it fitted with minor to no adjustments.

Well, Medbay is one of the Stonemason sets that is not made for Poser anymore. And i have to warn Poser users about newer sets by him. Short after he decided to not support Poser anymore, he showed up at Rendo and gave us information what impact his decision has on his meshes.
    In short:

• No more smoothing groups
    • No control loops

For Poser users this was bad news. You can’t subD his hard surface meshes and without smoothing groups they most likely don’t look right. I usually run his meshes through 3DCoat which can automatically add smoothing groups. This together with playing with the crease angle in Poser solves 99.9% of the issues.

• Guys! Just position and parent the hair to PE’s head.

• @nagra_00_ ha, I thought SM was SmithMicro so I wondered why the scene looked so good. But now it makes sense.

So the medbay originally was made for Poser and now it's DS only? I don't know how old that set is, but that's a bunch of crap and Stone Mason can really just shove it tbh if he's screwing us over so much. There's a lot of artists that I used to respect, but lost all of it once they abandoned Poser and went DAZ only and they've gotten 0 money from me since.

• @johndoe641 said in Post your Evolution Renders:

So the medbay originally was made for Poser and now it's DS only?

No I don't think that is what nagra said.

StoneMason older sets are still compatible with DS and Poser. But his more recent products (of which MedBay is one) are DS compatible only.

• @deecey Thanks Deecey, yes thats what i meant. This set was never made for Poser, its one of his newer ones.

My POV about all this is not that radical. I can convert things that are not made for Poser to Poser native, both meshes and shaders. Not a big deal for me but it takes extra time and therefor i buy such sets only when they are available at a very high discount.

• @nagra_00_ Ah, I see. There was a half off sale for SM stuff a few weeks ago over at DAZ and I was starting to regret buying some of the older things that were on sale. Since that's cleared up I don't feel as disgruntled as I did when I typed that. Still though, it hurts that we've lost artists of that caliber and nothing new they create will be for the software I use. At least is saves me money.

Unfortunately for me, I'm software stupid. I need simple things that work, trying to convert things from DS to Poser will always be way beyond me.

• The work is still in progress, but gonna finish it soon. Then, edit it in Photoshop
    0_1550160984727_woman-two (1).jpg