Conforming pants for PE - Made easy :)

• I dunno if this is opld hat. If it is .. well,, sorry.

BUT ppl has been talking about how difficult it is to rig for PE ... and there's at least a way to do it SUPER EASY. We're talking 2 minutes ...

THE FITTING ROOM!

What I did was I loaded PE and my dynamic Jeggings. Took both into the Fitting Room, let the Fitting Room fit them to PE (easy as they already did) and clicked Make new figure. Autogroup. Transfer all relevant groups .. and .. this came out :)

0_1535110286902_976916d9-f468-46fc-af49-dfa03d483497-image.png

I am SO going to convert some of my dynamic clothes for her to conforming now. As much as I love dynamics, conforming clothes are just faster to work with :)

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl This is good for personal usage, but not for the market.

• @ladonna said in Conforming pants for PE - Made easy :):

@trekkiegrrrl This is good for personal usage, but not for the market.

Why not? Sure there's some adjustments that should be made, and some cleanup of unwanted morphs, since I transferred the lot - but apart from that .. why? It's still a good deal easier than to rig them from scratch :)

• BTW It's even better to use the cloth mannequin (I forgot about that one in the first attempt) - since it also contains a lot of useful adjustment morphs :D

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl

Not for the market, because whenever you use the autogroup function in the fitting room, the resulting figure has split vertex groups when saved.
    All vertex groups are split open, and you get double vertex at all welds.

The autogroup function is "unfortunately" one of the victims of Posers "split when saved" bug.

Or? You have to take the Poser saved obj file into Blender (or equivalent) and reweld properly.

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl Like Tony say. This obj is not to use anymore.
    To clean after the mess in your modeler, more work than anything else.

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl Rigging is not the problem. The weightmapping is the problem later. With PE's lot of JCM's , you will never get an "automated well weight painted " outfit. To clean this after is a lot of work. For tight leggins, okay, but what with pants with folds? buttons? decorations? . I was never satisfied with the results for this kind of outfits from the fitting room.
    Folds get smooth out, distortions on decoration which had to be fixed later.
    Maybe others are more skilled with this, but honestly till now I did not see any outfit outfit which comes out from the fitting room, which had not issues.
    For the market you have to make your hands dirty and weight map from scratch.There is no easy quick solution when you want high quality product.

• Poser Ambassadors

@ladonna
    Or? Use the fitting room to its full potential and repair the Poser saved obj file afterwards.

That's the thing; ( I would hate to rig manually, let the tool do that Job for you. )
    The fitting room is perfect to transfer the rigging. The rig transfer is not the issue.
    The big problem is Poser breaking up the obj file when saving to library.
    It is my Poser2Blender2Poser video 4 : Why you have to delete the Poser saved obj files on YouTube.

• Poser Ambassadors

@vilters Tony repair the obj file later is for me at last, not an option.I do it only when it is really absolute mandatory ( work not as excepted). The danger that I destroy the UV, vertex order or what ever with afterward repair is to big. Folds, buttons, decorations can cause here problems too.
    I prefer everything from scratch . Here I know what i do and what not .Even when it is more painful, but I am more on the safe side here.

• 0_1535129735885_2a99eec6-1233-497b-a55d-81584aa93b6f-image.png
    I think the results are pretty good ...

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl As you see, everything is torn apart and overstretched .You see on the pants side how it is stretched.
    The shirt is destroyed.

• @ladonna said in Conforming pants for PE - Made easy :):

@trekkiegrrrl As you see, everything is torn apart and overstretched .You see on the pants side how it is stretched.
    The shirt is destroyed.

Er .. are you referring to my pic? Because the pants are not overstretched and the shirt isn't "destroyed" ???!

The UV mapping on the pants was never ideal, as I'm crap at UV mapping anything that isn't a perfect geometric shape. So whatever stretch you see was most likely there on their dynamic counterpart as well ...

• BTW I fail to see why the fact that the OBJ is not welded has is any issue? It comes back from the Fitting Room as Poser Unimesh, subdivideable and all. And it's not splitting anywhere? So why is that a problem? (I haven't actually checked the new OBJ because in my eyes, it's a non-issue. Why is this a problem? :)

And anyway, since I've already been told in another thread that the badminton dress is a BADminton dress and useless, I thought I'd destroy it by also making that conforming. I must really be needing glasses, because that, too, seems fine to my eyes.
    0_1535166209854_c80644b9-b488-4a95-aecf-a324671dfdb4-image.png

Please remember, no one forces you to use my freebies if you think they suck :P

• @trekkiegrrrl For my sort of casual use, this is extremely useful information. Thank you! I had assumed all dynamic clothing was limited to being dynamic clothing.

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl Due any respect, did we talk about the same pic?
    On the Tshirt is is clearly see that the obj is not intact anymore. Arms, neck.
    The side, this strange distortion happens when your UV map get destroyed .This outfit would never go like this through any
    betatest. On the crotch you can see also this jeans are torn apart. All this, you can not fix later in your modeler properly .
    I don't want to bash you here, so please don't take it wrong. But you ask why this method is not usable for the market.
    And I try to answer honest .

0_1535176740188_1535129736345-2a99eec6-1233-497b-a55d-81584aa93b6f-image.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl What you see here is a screen shot is the UV from a Poser generated OBJ , taken into Substance painter .
    All over where the groups are the obj file is broken.
    This will cause many problems later.
    Not only texturing, but also weighmapping. The reason why you should never use the OBJ from Poser .
    0_1535177404834_Jacketposerobj.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

And this is what can happen when you autogroup in Poser.
    He take a polygone out from the chest 1 and put it in abdomen 2.
    Here it is more easy and clean to create your own groups in the modeler instead to clean after Poser's autogrouping up. At last for me.
    0_1535178864912_Autogroup poser.jpg

• @ladonna The Fitting-Room is a very useful tool for most of Poser users. In most cases fiddling for weeks to make a piece of cloth look better often isn't worth the effort (except for a handful vendors). And one needs a lot of know how (and software) to do so.

By the way: The Fitting-Room doesn't touch your UV map.

For the worst auto-converted zones one can move polygons to the right group easily. And often smoothing some weightmaps a little gets rid of "destroyed" UV areas.

• Poser Ambassadors

You can group an obj manually and then either use a copy of it in the fitting room or just redirect the cr2 once it's been generated by the fitting room. Transfer morphs option in the fitting room has been broken for most of P11's life anyway - it got trashed by one of the SRs and never got fixed - so you have to use the 'transfer morphs from' option in the figure menu after the clothing has been rigged. Alternatively you can go into the setup room with the clothing obj and drag your intended figure from the library (or double click) onto the clothing and it will auto rig. Once you exit the setup room any unused bones will be removed. This has been true since PP2012, unless they broke it during one of the upgrades or SRs.

It's my understanding that the stores won't accept unwelded objs, which is the main reason it's an unmarketable product. Just like they won't accept props with geometry in them. Maybe that's changed.

• Poser Ambassadors

@adp I was not mentioned for the normal user. @trekkiegrrrl was asked why it is not to use for the market. I explain why.
    Or would you buy an outfit which she present above?
    No the UV map does not get altered, but when the OBJ is altered, also the UV map.