Post edit timeout: 150 seconds is crazy !

• It used to be 5 or 10 minutes, which wasn't really long enough. I think I posted about that way back.

But 150 seconds ? Are you taking the **** ?

(Edit: I had time to correct a few typos on this post - lucky it was a very shrt post...)

• ...but it timed out before I spotted the missing 's' in the title (should be "Post edit timeout: 150 seconds is crazy !") and the missing 'o' from "shrt" in my edit.

• Yes, I know that I can ask an admin to correct those. But if everybody asked admins to correct every little error in the posts you'd all be snowed under.

And asking an admin to make convoluted edits to a post is more effort than it's worth.

Of course, I should probably proof-read my post completely before hitting [Submit]... but I don't...

...so I probably haven't got a leg to stand on here. No matter, steam blown off ! ;o)

• Poser Ambassadors

@3dcheapskate said in Post edit timeout: 150 second is crazy !:

...but it timed out before I spotted the missing 's' in the title

Fixed...

Yes, 150 seconds is a bit on the low side, but only the admin account can change that.

• I understand the idea that you can't suddenly alter a post to say something opposite of what you originally posted, but the edit time-window IS too small. I am a master of typing, looking it over, pressing Send and THEN noticing a load of typos. Or sometimes things that are just worded wrong.

I then edit it. IF I CAN.

An Edit history would take care of the problem of people altering their posts to mean something else (if that's even a problem) - another idea, that I know someone else suggested here, is to let only the LAST post in a thread be editable.

I know you're kicked out of your admin-rights, shvrdavid, but PLEASE tell whoever is the head honcho to change that edit timer :)

• Poser Ambassadors

Yes, I agree, the edit post time is ridiculously short.
    I would appreciate a 15 minutes edit time. :)

• This actually makes me want to cry, we spend hours trying to get SM to think about our requests for the next version of Poser and wonder whether they listen. They obviously don't; the change requested here, and by me and others before, is a simple parameter change, admittedly not available to the mods, but certainly to the owners, SM! If they can't even be a%&*d to do that for their loyal customers what hope is there for doing changes to their application. #sigh

• @trekkiegrrrl said in Post edit timeout: 150 seconds is crazy !:

I understand the idea that you can't suddenly alter a post to say something opposite of what you originally posted, but the edit time-window IS too small. I am a master of typing, looking it over, pressing Send and THEN noticing a load of typos. Or sometimes things that are just worded wrong.

This is why I type out my longer comments in my plain text editor (NoteTab LTE) so I can re-read it more than once before posting on any forum.

The only time I'll type straight into the forum's post software is if it's short, like this, and I still re-read it more than once before hitting submit. Of course, there can still be a small typo or 2, but I usually catch them. ~wink~

• Confirmation that 2 years ago the post edit timeout was only 15 minutes ("...By the time I noticed the 15 minute edit timeout had expired...").
    Maybe somebody spotted the error there - there should only be 10 seconds in a minute !

• @3dcheapskate said in Post edit timeout: 150 seconds is crazy !:

the missing 'o' from "shrt"

Can somebody please correct that missing 'o' in the OP for me ? I'd do it myself, but... well, you know...