Shaderworks scripts in Poser Pro 11

• Poser Ambassadors

Yes, we are all in this together, Esther. Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one getting the error messages and occasional crashes. Like I said, these scripts help me so much that I don't mind the side-effects. Not having them would be worse than this.

• I've found that Netherworks Scene Toy covers a lot of the functions of the Shaderworks scripts that have been mentioned. Unfortunately it stopped working in PP11 which may be a conflict with all the Shaderworks scripts I still have installed. I'm going to try removing them or reinstalling the whole app, but I refuse to give up ALM2. Hopefully it can coexist without too much pain.

• Poser Ambassadors

I have Scene Toy installed in PP11 along with ShaderWorks plugins and it works fine. It must be something else causing problems.

• Poser Ambassadors

Shaderworks is not doing any updates or new Poser scripts anymore. When RDNA closed he mention it in the Forums that he will have no time anymore. He want to focus more on his family and his work . I think it is not possible to reach him over DAZ.

• Poser Ambassadors

Thanks for the info, Ladonna.

• In my Text Prop thread, I was reminded about the ShaderWorks Postwork Manager, which appears to be a very streamlined way to add Watermarks like copyright and SuperFly Render from within Poser. It works like a charm when I'm saving .png images, but given my preferred render size, none of my images can be posted to this forum without converting them to .jpg because of the file size constraints. The Postwork Manager offers the option to save as JPEG, but I get PIL exceptions like:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Applications/Poser 11/Runtime/Python/poserScripts/ScriptsMenu/Partners/ShaderWorks/Postwork Manager.py", line 492, in SaveImageBtn
    finalIMG.save(f+ext, quality=quality)
    File "/Applications/Poser 11/Poser.app/Contents/Resources/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 1439, in save
    save_handler(self, fp, filename)
    File "/Applications/Poser 11/Poser.app/Contents/Resources/site-packages/PIL/JpegImagePlugin.py", line 471, in _save
    ImageFile._save(im, fp, [("jpeg", (0,0)+im.size, 0, rawmode)])
    File "/Applications/Poser 11/Poser.app/Contents/Resources/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 495, in _save
    e = Image._getencoder(im.mode, e, a, im.encoderconfig)
    File "/Applications/Poser 11/Poser.app/Contents/Resources/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 401, in _getencoder
    raise IOError("encoder %s not available" % encoder_name)
    IOError: encoder jpeg not available

whether or not I check the watermark box. (I'd first assumed that JPEG not supporting an Alpha layer might be the culprit)

Anyone else on Poser Pro 11.0.6.33735/MacOS Sierra had this problem? Anyone with PIL experience? Poser has no problem directly saving renders to .jpg and I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that it will use the same Python Libraries... (No, on second thought, that doesn't necessarily follow at all. Why interpret when you can execute compiled C/C++ binaries)