Shaderworks scripts in Poser Pro 11

• @estherau The Layer's script is pure genius. Enough so that Poser should implement it into their UI. It would give them a great bullet point for their next release (assuming the competition doesn't already have it). It's not working for me in PP11. I don't know if I messed something up when I threw every script I owned at the program at once, or if experiencing "normal" bugs. I'm getting strange behavior with PP11 and various scripts in general.

Anyhow, without the script panel, I'm forced to put PP11 on the shelf until I complete my current project. It could be a while :-(

• @dcrosby you could send SM a video of you using the script and how you use it, then a video of you trying to do the same things without the script to show them how useful that sort of code is in poser.

• @caisson I use it all the time as well, caisson! In fact, I used it to group your Northern Soul in this image so I could manipulate the scene positioning. (I absolutely love Northern Soul and your Pagan Throne, BTW)

0_1479651921870_Sora2.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

@Glitterati3D - thanks, glad to see it's useful!

• Poser Ambassadors

I have been having error messages popping up in Poser 11 SR-6 logs, complaining about SemiDieu's scripts. I have removed Advanced Material Manager 2 and Advanced Library Manager 2, but I don't want to remove Advanced Figure Manager 2. The scripts still work, but there are side-effects like Poser refusing to start, or to close, and lots of error messages popping up all the time.

Is anybody having these issues with P11 SR-6 or is it just me?

• @Ken1171 said in Shaderworks scripts in Poser Pro 11:

I have been having error messages popping up in Poser 11 SR-6 logs, complaining about SemiDieu's scripts. I have removed Advanced Material Manager 2 and Advanced Library Manager 2, but I don't want to remove Advanced Figure Manager 2. The scripts still work, but there are side-effects like Poser refusing to start, or to close, and lots of error messages popping up all the time.

Is anybody having these issues with P11 SR-6 or is it just me?

Advanced Material Manager 2 seems to run correctly, without warning, on my computer.
    Poser 11 Pro 11.0.6.33735

What kind of message are you receiving?

• Poser Ambassadors

Seems to be errors related to incompatibilities with the Octane plugin for Poser. Of course, Octane is important to me and I will not remove it, but AFM2 is also very important and I use it all the time. The error messages start with:

"Exception in OctaneRender for Poser objectsDeleted"

and then are followed by errors at SemiDieu's AFM2 scripts. It's worth mentioning that Octane was not in use at any of the times I got these error messages.

Seems to be errors related to incompatibilities with the Octane plugin for Poser. Of course, Octane is important to me and I will not remove it, but AFM2 is also very important and I use it all the time. The error messages start with:

"Exception in OctaneRender for Poser objectsDeleted"

and then are followed by errors at SemiDieu's AFM2 scripts. It's worth mentioning that Octane was not in use at any of the times I got these error messages.

Often, when python exceptions are raised, the culprit is near the end of the pile of messages.
    the only way to gid rid of this is to correct the python script.
    And if it is compiled (when the extension of the file is ".pyc" or ".pyo"), the script must be decompiled, corrected, and put back in place (the .pyc must be removed/renamed)

Unfortunately, I can't see any other solutions, given the fact that RDNA has been "erased", I don't know how to contact Semidieu...

• Seems to be only the occasional issue with Advanced Library Manager 2 - sometimes a folder won't show the contents but it's intermittent, so sticking with it as I use it all the time

• could it depend on the actual selection of figure/prop?

• Poser Ambassadors

That might be related to selecting items from the scene, since error messages can also popup when clicking something on the viewport. I have reinstalled the plugin, and now I don't get the error messages. Instead, Poser crashes on exit.

• @Y-Phil said in Shaderworks scripts in Poser Pro 11:

Unfortunately, I can't see any other solutions, given the fact that RDNA has been "erased", I don't know how to contact Semidieu..

As far as I know he's now a vendor at DAZ, perhaps you can contact him overthere.
    His advanced shaders are a freebie at DAZ BTW.

best regards,

Bopper

• Poser Ambassadors

Already been there. His page at DAZ is blank, and he had no activity whatsoever. Some claim he got mad on what happened at RDNA and simply quit the business altogether.

• I wouldn't blame him, RDNA has been thrown down the gutter just like the old poserpro place. They even didn't had the decency to keep the forums alive. Shame on DAZ.

• @bopperthijs said in Shaderworks scripts in Poser Pro 11:

I wouldn't blame him, RDNA has been thrown down the gutter just like the old poserpro place. They even didn't had the decency to keep the forums alive. Shame on DAZ.

I agree totally :-(

• Poser Ambassadors

I am not blaming anyone - I just want to solve a problem that will be affecting many other Poser users who love SemiDieu's scripts. Blaming games go nowhere.

Already been there. His page at DAZ is blank, and he had no activity whatsoever. Some claim he got mad on what happened at RDNA and simply quit the business altogether.

Can't say I blame him - I was a tester at RDNA and none of us were given any forewarning of what was going to happen - we lost a great lot of vendors of Poser products when the "merger" happened - would be great to see what the likes of SemiDieu, Colm, etc could have done had they continued down the Poser path.

• You're right, perhaps I was a little too harsh my english is sometimes a bit rusty (blame me). But Semidieu did wondelful things when he worked for RDNA, and that is over now.

• Poser Ambassadors

Even though I am getting errors, I am so LUCKY these plugins are still working in Poser 11 SR-7. I can't imagine Poser without them, but I am afraid there is nothing we can do about that, it's just a matter of time now.

I was also fond of Dimention3D's scripts for Poser (Ralf Sesseler), but he recently passed away, leaving another gap in this area. He has created some amazing time-savers and automations, most of which Poser cannot do on its own.

This puts a big burden over Joe (Netherworks), or perhaps it's an opportunity for him to expand his line of Poser scripts. I use many from him, and we are lucky he is still active at HiveWire3D.

• I too could not manage without those scripts. I especially use ALM2 because it is so quick to find my runtimes that I search for and combine them together eg say I want all the runtimes with the word security in them for example, then I see just one runtime with all my external runtime swith the word security in the name combined together. I have 1000s of external runtimes.
    also I love the partial poses where I can just choose a hand, or the upper body of a pose.
    I get lots of error messages too but the scripts still alll work for me. Occasional poser crash.
    Love esther