Migrating to Clip Studio Paint

• I'll start off by saying that I grew up with Photoshop. It's what I learned in high school. I own a copy of Photoshop 7.0 (circa 2000/2001) and have used it up to the present (well over 15 years.) It's something I'm comfortable with, and despite it's age I've enjoyed the comic pages and illustraitions I've output with the software.

I've been willingly ignoring the impending call to "UPGRADE" for years now. Unfortunately, some recent computer issues has forced me to finally look at something I can no longer ignore. That I'm going to have to migrate to a new software.

I've heard wonderful things about Clip Studio for years now. I already own a copy of the software but I've avoided using it because at first glance there's SO MANY BELLS AND WHISTLES. It's really overwhelming, and I'm not even sure where to start.

I'm in a sort of transitionary period right now. I have a computer running an OS that can still run PS7 and Clip Studio Paint. I have the lifetime of this computer to learn the software comfortable while still having my "safe spot" PS7 still available to me.

I've tried to look through Clip Studio's manuel pdf file, but honestly I'm finding pdfs are not the easiest learning tool when you need to flip from a refrence image to a list of tool names/explanations.

Is there any reliable, I don't know, "assignments" with instructions to follow along the way to figure all this out?

• The webinars are good too: http://my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-webinars.html

Also, check out Doug Hills tutorials on YouTube.

• Thank you both for taking the time to point me in a starting direction. I'll take some time and look through both links.

If anyone has other things to add, I could always use whatever is sent my way.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.