Contrast in Text screen

• Poser Ambassadors

I know the trend right now is making text pale gray against a pure white background ... and although I can read it in the "view" screen, editing these messages gives me a headache and my eyes water. I know I'm one person ... but please, could you darken the text... I am sure there are others with visual issues as well. Thank you.

• @Boni Don't know how it would affect your impaired vision but I would like to see pure white text on a darker background. The current blinding white monitor is a little harsh on my eyes.

• Poser Ambassadors

Frankly that is what I would prefer as well, but I know some folks can't take the dark with light text. That is why I suggested merely darkening the text so it would be a comprimise. I honestly can hardly make the text out. Straight typing isn't bad since I can read on the right panel ... but if I have to do any editing ... it's almost painful.

• Poser Ambassadors

Click on your avatar in the top right; from the dropdown menu, select settings.

When the UI opens, look at the select a skin data field in the upper left; select Darkly. Exit settings.

• @seachnasaigh I don't think that's what Boni's talking about Seach. I use the Darkly setting because I can't deal with stark white backgrounds on web pages, but I think she's talking about the COMPOSE window we post in. The left side is grey text on a stark white background, while the proofreading side on the right, is the same black background as the rest of the Darkly theme.

• @seachnasaigh Strange!!! I changed my setting like you suggested and then was unable to get back to any posts, it said they did not exist or something. Was ablt to get back here by way of looking through the users and clicking on one of your posts. Lets see my account still works. Also, my background color did not change.

• Poser Ambassadors

Oh, the compose box? I got nothin'.

Ghostship's experience is odd, though. I don't know what to make of that.

• @seachnasaigh said in Contrast in Text screen:

Oh, the compose box? I got nothin'.

Ghostship's experience is odd, though. I don't know what to make of that.

Can someone alert the admins that I'm having issues with the forum. If I click on "Graphics Forum" at the top I get the does not exist message. Any help would be appreciated.

• @ghostship I've had that bug for ages. Pretty much since this place opened. Try clicking on "categories" or "unread".

• Poser Ambassadors

On chrome, I use "stylebot", which you can see in this screen shot.

Using it, I can adjust any element styles I want to.

As you can see here, I changed the compose box color and background color and some others as well, and the programmers of the site can't do anything about it to override my choices. I did this to Rendo as well.

Google is your friend.

0_1478017027902_upload-3dce841c-958f-42e6-9e4c-7719178923fe

• I used to have something similar for my Firefox. I think it was clalled Color That Site, which I had used at DAZ site years ago, but abandoned it when they redid their site, and I stopped visiting there often enough to matter.

Hmmmm, wonder if I could use it for the posting Text Screen. Hmmmm . . . . .

• Poser Ambassadors

Woo Hoo! Found "Color that site" and I'm good to go. Thank you so much for all your help! @bagginsbill and @Miss-B ... this is amazing! Now to go over and do this for Renderosity!!!

• @Boni Was it easy enough to figure out what to change using Color That Site? I may have to activate it again for the COMPOSE area.

The one thing I hated when I used it with the DAZ forums was there was so many styles, I couldn't fix them all. I didn't know how to access each and every little bit.

• Poser Ambassadors

Yes ... it works on most sites. Here, Rendo, facebook ... but for some reason does not work properly for Yahoo mail. No worries though, it was most important in the other sites. I'm really quite pleased. I was using high contrast from Windows 10, but it blew out background images and so much more ... not to mention I couldn't adjust the yellow text on teh white page in MS Word. So, I'm really pleased. Thank all of you for your help.

• @Boni Excellent! I'll have to reset it up, and use it here. The one at R'osity doesn't bother me as much because it's a bit smaller area, and the text is in black, so easier to see because of more contrast, and I don't usually run off at the mouth, so to speak, so my posts are usually quick and easy.

• OK here is something helpful I think: In your settings for this forum you have to make sure you have a homepage set or it just says page does not exist. The default warning should really say " you have not set a homepage in your settings." That would clear up some confusion people are having with this forum.

• @ghostship Ohhhh, that's why I had a problem getting Color That Site to save the colors I wanted for background and foreground here in the COMPOSE box.

It worked fine at R'osity, but this one didn't save. I'm going to have to figure out what on the "home page" to change so that it works in this text box too, because this is the only place on the site I really want to change. Thanks for the tip.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.