Breaking out the RGB values of an image

• I mostly work with Poser and have Clip Studio and can not find or do not know what the term is to take an image map (from Poser of a skin) and break into the three RGB components and turn those into gray scale maps. So skin has a lot of Red in it and I would like to remove the Blue and Green components so I am left with just the Reds at what ever intensity and then convert that into a Gray scale value. The ultimate goal is to be able to take several skins and find the differences between them and take those differences and be able to form masks to apply different colors too.

• Go to Edit>Tonal Correction> Tone Curve. Click the RGB drop down menu. Select Green and drag the right most handle down to 0. Do the same for Blue.

• Thank you for the help.

• Hello, I have a tutorial on how to accurately separate the RGB channels on my Deviate page:

hope this helps.

take care

• Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for.

• There's another way of doing this if the goal is to strip out the red, green, or blue color and be left with a black and white image of a particular RGB channel.
    1.Edit>Tonal Corrections> Tone Curve and drop the other two channels as described above.
    2.Edit>Tonal Corrections> Hue, Saturation, Luminosity and drop the Saturation down to -100.
    3.Layer>New Correction Layer>Level Correction and move the right most slider to the edge of the level graph.

If you were to take a color picker to a few pixels you would find that the color has been stripped out leaving just the value behind.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.