Poser 11 installation help?

• Hi!

I bought Poser 11 on sale and have been having a lot of fun with it. I showed it (and some thing I'd done) to my roommate and he bought himself a copy as well.

We have not been able to get his copy going, however.

He has a Windows 10 (64 bit) laptop that came with a split partition -a smallish "C" drive and a larger "D" drive. When he got the confirmation email, we cut and pasted it into a text file on his hard disk (for reference) so he'd have the serial number handy.

I had him install it to the "D" drive and he installed the poser 11 and also the update, but it wouldn't accept his serial number. Then he uninstalled it and just tried adding the serial number to the regular poser 11 (NOT the update) -again, everything installed to the "D" drive; same result.

We didn't use the "C" drive because there is not enough room.

He starts Poser and gets the personalization screen, enters his name, the serial number (pasted from the email) and email and no matter what we try, he gets the following error message:
    0_1478769151705_Poser11Error.png

He doesn't have any other version of Poser installed, no other serial numbers other than the one pasted from the email.

I'm hoping I can get some suggestions for how to fix this, or should I just have him call support?
    Thanks!

• You may want to have him call support since you may have a serial number for an upgrade instead of a new version. I got that message once doing an upgrade when I put in the wrong serial number in the upgrade field. Or it could be that he put the serial number in the upgrade field instead or in addition to the top most serial number field.

• I don't think that's it since he had me try too, and I put that info in the same fields I put it for my copy (and my copy works). I'll wait a bit to see if anyone has any other suggestions, and if not I'll have him call support.

Thank you!

• Or like I said he may have an upgrade serial number and if you do not put anything in the previous serial number field you will also get that message.

• He went through the order form the same way I did, but I'll suggest he look at his invoice and see if he paid for the upgrade or a straight purchase. Thanks again.

• Poser Ambassadors

This post is deleted!

• We got it figured out. I'm not sure why (since I copied from his verificaton page), but the number I had saved was different from his serial number. Once he copied the right number and put it in, everything worked.