cannot load V4 in P11 .

• I just got my new system .. Win 7 Pro ... installed P11 and all components to standard directory.
    Downloaded V4 from my DAZ account. Extracted ... copied/pasted into Poser 11 ... it does not show in the library.
    I've refreshed ... reloaded P11, etc ... no idea why it will not show..it is in the Runtime for sure.

• You need to run the installer and run the desktop batch file put there by the installer. Of just run the .BAT file.

• I can load V4 in PP11 just fine, and I haven't used that batch file since switching from Windows XP to Windows 7 four years ago when I got my current laptop. I was always under the impression the only time you needed to use the batch file, is after installing something new for V4, so the new items would be recognized, not for V4 herself.

That said:

1. I have V4 installed in my DAZStudio 3 Advanced Runtime since getting this laptop, and access her from that Runtime.

2. What do you mean you installed to "standard" directory? Starting with Windows Vista, you should NOT install any content to the Program Files folder. In fact, I don't install any of my apps, 2D or 3D, to Program Files. If you mean My Documents when you refer to "standard" directory, then I don't know what's causing that. I don't particularly like the My Documents setup and don't use it, but as long as the content isn't in Program Files, there should be no problem.

Anyway, I just double-checked, and successfully loaded V4's base in PP11 with no problem whatsoever.

• hmm... I've always installed my content to the Program Files Runtime .... including in P11 on my other system, and it works well this way.
    I just placed V4 base in the Runtime of My Documents and it still does not show in the library.
    This is really strange.

Another thing I noticed, there is a Smith Micro/Poser 11 directory in Program Files, and another in Program File (x86) . Full install in both. I did not install, I thought, the 32 bit edition.

ALSO , there is no batch installer in my download of V4, just the base files. Is that what that file called Victoria 4.2 Base StudioCF is? If so, I've never used that previously?

What is even stranger, I've been using Poser since V1 and have never had this problem.

• I tried installing two different hair products. They do not show in the library either. Something amiss.

• Poser Ambassadors

@daveso You're not supposed to be using the internal poser runtime for content installation. That has been true since at least Poser 9.

Install your content to a runtime in your My Documents folder, or another folder outside of the program files.

If you use the DAZ install manager, you do not have to worry about the batch files application on the desktop. The install manager will put everything you need in the right place. Just point the install manager to the runtime you want the content installed to, (other than the internal runtime in the Programs directory).

For example, I have a DAZ Content Library on my D drive that has all my V4/M4 content, and only that content, installed in it. All of it loads just fine in Poser 11.

• thank you :) I'm going to uninstall p11 and start over to get rid of the extra program install ... and will install DAZ content via the downloader.

@AmbientShade said in cannot load V4 in P11 .:

@daveso You're not supposed to be using the internal poser runtime for content installation. That has been true since at least Poser 9.

Install your content to a runtime in your My Documents folder, or another folder outside of the program files.

If you use the DAZ install manager, you do not have to worry about the batch files application on the desktop. The install manager will put everything you need in the right place. Just point the install manager to the runtime you want the content installed to, (other than the internal runtime in the Programs directory).

For example, I have a DAZ Content Library on my D drive that has all my V4/M4 content, and only that content, installed in it. All of it loads just fine in Poser 11.

• Poser Ambassadors

Since Windows Vista or Windows 7, the operating system does not allow user data to be stored in program files or program files (x86). When you do, the operating system will move those files in the Virtual Store and no longer be available when you restart the program
    That is the reason why Poser now installs all the data files in the Documents folder.
    So install your content in the documents folder in the poser runtime there or create a separate runtime somewhere else to store the new content

• @wimvdb Well, if you're a brave sort (or feel confident enough in your computer skills), you can disable the UAC (or drop it to minimal settings), and still install stuffto your program files folder(s).

Though I would emphasize to ONLY mess with UAC settings if you feel your computer-fu is good enough to handle the possible issues that UAC is supposed to catch or prevent.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.