New UI for Poser 12?

• @eclark1849 one thing I like about DS is use of sliders instead of dials. I guess in some circumstances a dial makes more sense if it needs infinite turning but the sliders look and "feel" nicer.

• @ghostship I also know a room I'd like to suggest for Poser... an "edit room". Where you can edit together and rearrange short segments of animation to make a longer scene. Of course, that would also mean giving Poser the ability to "record" short clips so you can edit them together.

• @ghostship said in New UI for Poser 12?:

@eclark1849 one thing I like about DS is use of sliders instead of dials. I guess in some circumstances a dial makes more sense if it needs infinite turning but the sliders look and "feel" nicer.

One thing that I love in photoshop and that I would like in poser: click on a value and use the mouse's wheel to change the value.

@eclark1849 I'm afraid that a slider would require a wider parameters window

• @Y-Phil Doesn't have to be that wide. Depends on the increments. Poser's original UI used sliders.

• I find Cameras very difficult to see in a scene, even when you flag them as "visible". I still occasionally set a render to process over the network, and find it completely black the next day. Trying to find the camera to see which wall it is located behind seems very difficult to me. I will switch to another camera, flag the target camera as visible, and then turn the active camera to find it. Trying to find it is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

• @mr_phoenyxx It is frustrating. Making a camera visible only for it to become invisible when I go back to another view.

• My hierarchy window is always opened (poser is dispersed on 2 screens), so that clicking on the eye to the left of a camera immediately displays it.
    Furthermore, once the cam is selected, I display it in "Cartoon" mode (menu Display > Object Style > Cartoon)

• @Y-Phil but does it stay displayed? I can't check right now.

• I'll bet we could get Joseph from Netherworks to make some of the suggested improvements. His recent replacement for the hierarchy pallet is just brilliant.
    How about it Joe?....the goofy lighting widget/thing-a-ma-bob needs to be replaced NOW.

• @ghostship said in New UI for Poser 12?:

@Y-Phil but does it stay displayed? I can't check right now.

Unfortunately no: the cams has that special feature that makes them disappear each time we change the active cam.
    Another reason why my hierarchy window is always opened.

• @mr_phoenyxx said in New UI for Poser 12?:

I find Cameras very difficult to see in a scene, even when you flag them as "visible". I still occasionally set a render to process over the network, and find it completely black the next day. Trying to find the camera to see which wall it is located behind seems very difficult to me. I will switch to another camera, flag the target camera as visible, and then turn the active camera to find it. Trying to find it is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

I hate the black render. I'd like a "make closest object invisible" command to make walls go away when I'm happy with the way the shot looks.

• @eclark1849

@eclark1849 said in New UI for Poser 12?:

EDIT: Oh, and the ability to record a move like a dolly shot, or rack to focus shot.

After thinking this over, I realize now that I already have this capability. Would still be nice to be able to control the rate and sped at which a camera tracks.