Where to Find and License Poser Models (characters, buildings, materials & more)

• @meshbox
    On looking back I found a message from yesterday in my inbox headed:
    'Renderosity will now become the official Poser content marketplace!'
    I admit I had seen it but stopped reading when the text mostly was about Rendo offering some advantages if you would become a vendor there. That CP would be closing down is not said but in a single sentence in the 6th paragraph, by which time I had already long lost interest because the terms offered by Rendo are much worse than CP's: Rendo takes 50% larger split, you do not have direct control over your stuff and there is much more fuss in general. Zero price support items are stuffed away into a 'freebie' area not offered along with the pay stuffs.

• @f_verbaas said in Where to Find and License Poser Models (characters, buildings, materials & more):

@meshbox
    On looking back I found a message from yesterday in my inbox headed:
    'Renderosity will now become the official Poser content marketplace!'
    I admit I had seen it but stopped reading when the text mostly was about Rendo offering some advantages if you would become a vendor there. That CP would be closing down is not said but in a single sentence in the 6th paragraph, by which time I had already long lost interest because the terms offered by Rendo are much worse than CP's: Rendo takes 50% larger split, you do not have direct control over your stuff and there is much more fuss in general. Zero price support items are stuffed away into a 'freebie' area not offered along with the pay stuffs.

But your freebies can (and will) link to your "For sale" items

• @f_verbaas said in Where to Find and License Poser Models (characters, buildings, materials & more):

I am not seeing the advantage of having a 50% margin (down from 70%) with greatly increased touch costs and no promotion of my products.

I wonder how many vendors (other than the top sellers) could have economically prospered if they earned 70% instead of 50%.

But I have always told other vendors they need to also sell direct. Brokerages have their own business models that are first and foremost about themselves. If you are exclusive to them, then your fate is in the hands of those that do not put your interests first. That is why so many developers that create iOS apps can go from successes to penury with a slight change in Apple policy.

• EClark has a fairly comprehensive list of Poser vendors put together and has set up a site for it... there's a thread about it here... https://forum.smithmicro.com/topic/2170/list-of-poser-vendors/579

• @trekkiegrrrl said in Where to Find and License Poser Models (characters, buildings, materials & more):

But your freebies can (and will) link to your "For sale" items
    Yup but not the other way around. It reduces the attraction of a commercial offering this way. I can imagine people are more stimulated to buy if they see the wealth of supporting stuff available at zero price that therefore is sort of 'in the deal'. It improves the offer. Coming form the zero price entry the price for the 'pay' item comes as high and therefore makes the offer less attractive, unless one sees the 'complete offer' with other supporting stuff.
    It is just a mattter of perception

• @theschell yes, of course, but we can also support lists of lists.

• @meshbox Indeed we can... for what it's worth my products that were here on CP will still be available on Vanishing Point and through my own site, Schell's Armour Works, at www.schells.ca...

0_1537154905342_SchellsArmourWorksBanner.JPG

• Poser Ambassadors

Although I am a moderator at Renderosity and support the site ... I honestly would like to see a Poser Only marketplace somewhere. Or a better separation at Rendo. I just don't care for DS. Not even about the politics, just ... don't.

• @boni I REALLY had a thing against DS at one time. So much so that I still don't particularly like it. Trouble is, I actually LIKE some of the things that DS can do, so my problem isn't that it's not good software. I just don't care for the way it was introduced. THAT SAID, I also have to lay the blame for Poser's current market status, SQUARELY at the feet of SM. To that end, I honestly believe that SM has actually held Poser's development back. I'm not saying it was done intentionally, but I AM saying it was done.

• @eclark1849 @boni My problem with Studio is that it is not relaxing or fun for me the way Poser is. Has nothing to do with how good or bad the program is. It just doesn't seem like an old friend like Poser does.

• @ghostship 3 years ago, I wrote to Chris Creek and we had a little conversation about my disliking DS. I don't think he was as concerned about my not liking the software as much as I had said, I considered Studio to be a massive betrayal of Poser by creating a competitive product. He explained their reasoning at the time and I understood their reasoning for doing it.