SM, Please don't shutdown Content Paradise!

• @eclark1849 Have you thought about aproaching SM with the idea of them giving an official link to your Poser vendors list from the SM/Poser home-page? Now might be a good time to look in to it if you haven't... at least then users would have ready access to a list of resources since CP is closing...

• @theschell I have talked to SM a few months ago, and the conversation was about CP. They actually surprised me by thanking me for the directory, so yeah, they are aware of it.

• @eclark1849 It'd be nice if they posted some kind of official link to it specially with the situation with CP... In the mean-time, if you would be willing to give me a 600x600px logo for the directory you've set up I'd be happy to add a link to it in the R&D Department links section on my site...

• For some reason this vendor wasn't notified about CP closing down, I heard it yesterday. A real shame that CP is closing down, resulting in the loss of a lof of great Poser content that has been released only at CP over the years. Personally for me means that this will be the end of me as a vendor and Poser content creator. My main sales through all these years have come from CP. Hassle free, easy to use. I'm not moving my items elsewhere due to horrific store policies. Small vendors have no place at Renderosity and moving all my items to Hivewire would be time consuming. I've done a few but that took too much effort. Doing everything means re-structuring over 1000 folders and redoing at least 300 renders. Sadly this move by SM marks the end of my as a Poser vendor.

• You can also sell your content here, http://freedom-of-art.ucoz.com/
    His site is gaudy but he charges nothing (I believe) for people to sell there. Give him a holler.

• ALSO .. a somewhat overlooked venue for 3D content is Etsy. It's much more than knitted stuff and doilies ;)

• @trekkiegrrrl Hmm... never heard of it myself. I must investigate this claim. :)

• @eclark1849 Still looking around, but at first glance I am completely bamfoozled. What am I looking for?

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl Never see there 3D stuff. I buy pretty often there, but somehow i missed it. Have to troll now over there :)

• Poser Ambassadors

• @biscuits Hmm.... maybe i should do that for the directory.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849

There are so many fun set ups for any kind of creator!

Yes you could generate support for your upkeep of the directory and tackle it like a software developer.
    There are two ways, either monthly subscription or pay per creation or Pay per Update.

But for example the 2D 3D content creators here who make freebies, they could setup a patreon page, so fans can buy you some time to actually make the freebies.
    Well maybe better call it goodies then, small downloads exclusively for your supporters.

I personally don’t understand why not every 3d content creator, set this up for their small goodies.

If you make a goodie every month or more and setup a $1 dollar tier then you get a bit compensation for it, to pay for a photoshop or other software subscription.
    Cause making freebies doesn’t only cost time but also money to buy equipment!

Like for video tutorials I recently bought a new studio microphone, those buggers are expensive! So then you happy to have supporters who enjoy your video tutorials to help with a buck or two!

• @biscuits said in SM, Please don't shutdown Content Paradise!:

@eclark1849

There are so many fun set ups for any kind of creator!

Yes you could generate support for your upkeep of the directory and tackle it like a software developer.
    There are two ways, either monthly subscription or pay per creation or Pay per Update.

But for example the 2D 3D content creators here who make freebies, they could setup a patreon page, so fans can buy you some time to actually make the freebies.
    Well maybe better call it goodies then, small downloads exclusively for your supporters.

I personally don’t understand why not every 3d content creator, set this up for their small goodies.

If you make a goodie every month or more and setup a $1 dollar tier then you get a bit compensation for it, to pay for a photoshop or other software subscription.
    Cause making freebies doesn’t only cost time but also money to buy equipment!

Like for video tutorials I recently bought a new studio microphone, those buggers are expensive! So then you happy to have supporters who enjoy your video tutorials to help with a buck or two!

I hope you bought your microphones from Walmart. People tend to go overboard when paying for them because they believe the old mantra that the more they cost the better they are. That may be true in some things, but if you know just a little bit about microphone constructions and how they work, you'll find that's not always true.

I like the one to 3 dollar a month subscription. It wouldn't be a burden on a lot of people and would help me cover my monthly and yearly costs.

• Poser Ambassadors

• @biscuits Nice. I probably would have gotten it for the storage alone. :)

• @biscuits WOW Biscuits, that's a beauty!