I get motion sickness from Daz3d.com

• Yeah, Daz3d's shop page makes me motion sick every time I have to scroll through their endless windows of bullshit. I have a standard 23 inch monitor and my face is about two feet from it. After scrolling the rows look like they are still moving.

• @ghostship I hate their search setup. Every time I go there to search for a specific item because I can't remember who the PA is, I abhor those 3 or 4 rows of thumbnails for products I'm not interested in. IF I happen to be lucky enough to see the tiny little message above them stating what I'm looking for doesn't exist, or can't be found, I can then leave and go about my business, but ONLY if I happen to see that tiny little notice.

I just CANNOT understand why they have to throw 50 or more product thumbnails in front of me that have nothing to do what I searching for. I can understand if I just searched for say "hair", then they would/could show me all the hair products they have, but when I want a specific one, and they don't have it, I don't need thumbnails for clothing, scenery or what-have-you they randomly thrust at you. ~sheesh~

• I think that depends of how specific you search is, if you search for a specific item, where you know the exact name you will find in general this only one item you are looking for. Are there other items with a close to the originally name they will show up also. It’s a bit like google; the more exact you search the smaller the amount of fitting items you will find. By the way it’s the same effect on Rendo or all other websites and yes, they will sell their stuff also, if it’s crap or not… depends of the individual user view. I for myself use some scenery’s and I’m happy with it, and you can convert most of the stuff to Poser, or better you can make most of the stuff useable in Poser

• @wfbp1w Props that need DSON or are made specifically for Studio have obj files that you can use or is there some sort of contortion you have to go through to use them in Poser?

• Start Studio, select the prop clothing figure vehicle material or pose, select the item you like to convert, than right click on content library, search in the dropdown menu for “create poser companion files” set Destination (Poser formats) (that means you Poser Runtime) than set under “Use this Library and the file extension” your preferred file format than press “accept” you will find the poser useable file in your library under -Character “DSON Conversions”- or -Objects “DSON Conversions”- and so on. Unfortunately it doesn’t work on all scenery or objects and you have sometimes to rework the textures specially the I Ray textures, If a scenery has Instances they unfortunately doesn’t work in Poser this problem is solvable but with huge amount of work like the picture below
    0_1538081349700_Muelsfell Path Bild.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

@ghostship
    I use the Dimension3D's DSON Loader script. (DSON importer has to be installed in Poser). This is a script in Poser which reads the DUF files and loads them in Poser. Most props will import fine but you will have to adapt the materials.
    If the scenery uses instances, you have to duplicate them (Select the instance in the hierarchy, copy the parameters, select the original, duplicate it and paste the parameters). This works most of the time, but the scene can become very large.
    Advantage over the Export method from DS is that you do not need to have DS installed and work directly from Poser.
    It is a free script and can be found here: http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython

• @wimvdb

On a related note. I downloaded the DSON importer from DAZ. But I can't get it to install. I've pointed the Daz Install manager to my Poser folder but it keeps telling me the path is wrong. Does anyone know exactly WHERE I should point the &%¤#& thing in order for it to install?

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl
    Just download the zip file from your account page.
    Then unzip it in the Poser folder in program files.
    The script should be in a folder called addons in the python section.

Once installed, there is a script which allows you to set the runtime where it stores the converted props and figures.

• @wimvdb said in I get motion sickness from Daz3d.com:

@trekkiegrrrl
    Just download the zip file from your account page.
    Then unzip it in the Poser folder in program files.
    The script should be in a folder called addons in the python section.

Once installed, there is a script which allows you to set the runtime where it stores the converted props and figures.
    It was still an .exe but at least I think I managed to get it installed now :) Thanks. I forgot about the "manual install" option. Usually the Install Manager works fine :)

• @wimvdb actually, purely for clarification, all D3D's script does is provide a file dialog wrapper for the user to choose what to open and then invokes DSON itself to read the DUF/DSF files. The Python script does no parsing of those file formats at all.

• Poser Ambassadors

@anomalaus said in I get motion sickness from Daz3d.com:

@wimvdb actually, purely for clarification, all D3D's script does is provide a file dialog wrapper for the user to choose what to open and then invokes DSON itself to read the DUF/DSF files. The Python script does no parsing of those file formats at all.

Yes, except tjat it does not require a companion file or DS to be used for export

• Language warning!
    ***=NSFW content***

click to show

• @glen85 perfect opportunity to go all "Shut up and take my money!" on them ;-)

• @Glen85 May I suggest some crackers and cheese?