My Poser is acting up. Reinstall? Which file?

• For a while now, my Poser 11 has thrown a load of errors on startup.

Apart from those error messages popping up from time to time, everything seems to work just fine, but they're annoying and I want them gone.
    0_1539005008850_d66f0d9f-a46b-4a04-8fa3-479cd2408d4e-image.png
    Now, my question is .. I assume a reinstall on top of the existing Poser should fix it. But do I have the latest file. It took me a good while to locate it, it was originally installed on my old computer, and when I moved things over ... well, I HOPE I have the right file?

Which file should I look for?
    I just tried to reinstall Reality (not that I use it much after Superfly) to see if that would rid me of at least the errors connected to Reality. But no such luck. So a reinstall is in order, I think.

• Do you have the download manager installed? That will give you the latest and greatest files to reinstall Poser. I am not at my machine, so I can't really tell you beyond 11.1 which is the latest Poser version.

• Is this the one? Just to be sure so I don't wreck anything else ...
    0_1539005750141_93ae3b15-9937-44be-8923-48fe2882f58c-image.png

• I thought I had the Download manager installed, but apparently not. Still, these are on my backup drive ... So ... they should be the newest. I only got P11 after all the updates, so there's no old files, as far as I know.

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi Trekkie, yes 34759 is the latest build. There is a 34764, but they are the same internally.
    Best regards, Tony

• Hi there.
    I had a similar problem before (dll errors at startup) I "fixed" this by simply running in administrator mode (just right-click the Poser's exe file (or the shortcut) then choose Properties>Compatibility>"Run this program as an administrator" so it does this automatically every time you launch Poser)
    It might not fix the problem for you but it worked for me. Good luck ;)

• I reinstalled on top of my Poser. And apart from hooking up all my Runtimes once more, and setting the Preferred state, it was easy. AND it works, now :)

One thing puzzles me. I asked it to make a backup of my preferences. But where do they go? I don't know what they're called, so searching for them is a bit tricky :D

I'd REALLY like my render settings back ...

• Poser Ambassadors

@trekkiegrrrl
    The render presets are stored here: C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser 11\Runtime\prefs

Maybe the backup ones are stored there as well

• @wimvdb said in My Poser is acting up. Reinstall? Which file?:

@trekkiegrrrl
    The render presets are stored here: C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser 11\Runtime\prefs

Maybe the backup ones are stored there as well

Hum. No, unfortunately, only the ones that come with Poser is there. Not even the new ones I made and saved after the reinstall. But now that I know the file extension, I'll do a search for them :)

• Aha! They were hiding in C:\Users[My Name]\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\11_2017_12_13 4_51_29 AM\RenderPresets\

• Poser Team

This post is deleted!