Requesting Survey of Hardware: Help SM Serve You Better
This is for WINDOWS USERS ONLY. Please have your responses in by the end of this month Halloween 2018 (10/31/2018)
This is an optional thing, but if you'd like to help us serve you better, we request that you consent to and perform a hardware survey of your computer on which you run Smith Micro products Poser or Moho.
- We will do our very best to ensure your privacy: your personal computer data will be anonymized in any final report and used only internally (no one will ever see it but us).
- KEEP YOUR DATA SAFE: PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS SURVEY IN THIS FORUM.
- YOU MAY SEND MULTIPLE RESPONSES, but please 1 COMPUTER PER EMAIL.
- Any response to this survey is PURELY OPTIONAL. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, please don't.
To respond to the survey, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Make the subject of the email HARDWARE SURVEY RESPONSE
- REQUIRED FILE ATTACHMENTS (described below) -- Make sure to skim your submitted files for anything sensitive that you wouldn't want us to know. Please DO NOT send us any identifying information. You are encouraged to remove "USER NAME", "Password Hint", "MAC Address" and "IP" information from any reports you send. We're really just asking for information about your graphics hardware.
- In the body of the email you may describe whatever you would like about your input devices and tell us what the name/brand of your graphics card is, if you have two, what else you use the machine for (very very generically!)
- and a brief 1-or-2 sentence description of what you use Poser or Moho for THE MOST. (Rigging? Movies? Animations? Games?)
Required file attachments:
IF YOU OWN A GPU: Send me the text output from GL Extensions Viewer: http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html
Use the OpenGL Extensions Viewer to get a list of your extensions and hardware limits. Click "GLView" for OpenGL icon at top of page from the above link. Install and run the program. On left hand "Tasks" first click "GL Report" .. then, click disc icon in upper right and save the "GL Report" as a text file.
Find additional information by running "DxDiag.exe" and sending me the output from that, following the steps at the end of this post.
How to generate Dxdiag file?
To obtain a Dxdiag report:
- Simultaneously press the Windows Key + “R” to open the Run menu. In the text input field, type in “dxdiag” and click OK (or press Enter). ...
- Wait until the report has finished generating.
- On the bottom-right corner, click on “Save All Information”
Attach these files to the email and write a short note in the body of the email. THANKS IN ADVANCE, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN (a little early!)
Glitterati3D last edited by
This post is deleted!
Thanks to those who have answered the call! If anyone else would like to participate, please do so by 10-31-2018