Poser Devlog

• Poser Team

Announcing that I will be discussing development of Poser 11.1 and future versions here. This thread will be locked, but check back for updates on a monthly basis.
    We will embark on a new development summary in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

Disclaimer: Smith Micro Software Inc. ("The Company") must state that certain information set forth in this thread contains “forward-looking information”. Except for statements of historical fact, information contained herein constitutes forward-looking statements and includes, but is not limited to, the (i) projected partnerships with third parties and the Company; (ii) completion of or directions of products and/or services; (iii) the expected development of the Company’s business, projects and joint ventures; (iv) execution of the Company’s vision and growth strategy, including with respect to future M&A activity and global growth; (v) sources and availability of third-party financing for the Company’s projects; (vi) completion of the Company’s projects that are currently underway, in development or otherwise under consideration; (vi) renewal of the Company’s current customer, supplier and other material agreements; and (vii) future liquidity, working capital, and capital requirements. Forward-looking statements are provided to allow potential investors the opportunity to understand management’s beliefs and opinions in respect of the future so that they may use such beliefs and opinions as one factor in evaluating an investment.

These statements are not guarantees of future performance and undue reliance should not be placed on them. Such forward-looking statements necessarily involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause actual performance and financial results in future periods to differ materially from any projections of future performance or result expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.

Although forward-looking statements contained in this presentation are based upon what management of the Company believes are reasonable assumptions, there can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements if circumstances or management’s estimates or opinions should change except as required by applicable securities laws. The reader is cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.

• Poser Team

Some of you may have wondered "What's going on with Poser lately?"

Version Number Changes
    Firstly, we've done away with Service Release metaphor. We now refer to incremental updates as Maintenance Releases internally. We don't write "SRx" on them, like we used to. Instead, it gets a third digit. This is not entirely a new policy, as 11 was followed by versions 11.0.1 - 11.0.8 before we rolled everything up into 11.1 and planted the new 3D Paths feature.

Beta Testing Program
    Some of you more passionate and experimentally-minded members of our community may wish to convert to being a beta user. Beta users get early preview releases as an option, but with great power comes great responsibility: we depend on your feedback to help us prepare a public release. If you are interested in inquiring about the Beta program, please send an email to beta@smithmicro.com and tell them where you heard about the Beta Program, and that you'd like to get involved for the Poser product line.

Upcoming Releases
    The first maintenance release to 11.1 will be 11.1.1 - While I cannot tell you when it will be ready, it's the first thing on my mind in the morning when I arrive at the office. This version is a long time in coming, and has significant fixes and improvements over 11.1 - when we do release this version (hopefully, soon!) I will post the Release Notes here so you can get a feel for what's fixed and what's different.

Coming Changes to Delivery
    We will be updating the Smith Micro Download Manager soon, but ultimately we want to do away with this process as it has caused headaches for many users. In the hopes of providing you with more options, we are currently working on a web-based solution that we will roll out as soon as it is ready. Stay tuned for more information about this. We hope to solve many problems with this simple and elegant solution. Of course, Smith Micro Download Manager will still be available for some time with legacy versions, but in the future our delivery method should be as simple as visiting a web page and selecting the downloads you'd like. More information on this should become available in the coming weeks.