The Poser Content Directory Render Challenge...

• Okay, I've been giving it some thought, and I have decided that in my next render contest There will be TWO prize winners! The GRAND prize winner will receive a $25 Renderosity Gift Certificate, and the Second place Winner will receive a $15 Renderosity Gift Certificate. Oh what the hell, I'm also going to name a THIRD Place winner who will receive a $10 Renderosity Gift Certificate just because I'm a sweet and lovable guy

I want to keep the rules pretty simple. As the sole judge, my decision will be final.

1. Da RULZ:
    I reserve the right to amend or change the rules if needed.

You may use any figure you want. Even Genesis.

What I am looking for is innovative ways to use Poser's Hair, Wind Force, and Cloth Sim or Bullet Physics features. You may use several of the features together, or separately. Just impress me.

1. It MUST be a Poser render. Superfly or Firefly, I don't care. You can use Post work, just don't go overboard.
    1. Post your entry here in this thread. The winning render will be featured on my Directory Home page. So I will need the entries to all be at least 2500x1500 pixels.

Contest period lasts from Nov. 4, 2018 to November 26, 2018. I will select a winner at least by 12 noon the next day, my time. US East Coast DST.

1. ANY OVERTLY Sexual artwork Male or Female, will be disqualified. I may be at work when I look at these and I am ALWAYS on camera.
      Please use a NSFW tag for any entry with ANY nudity. I don't care if it's the Hivewire dog. :)

Please, ask if you need clarification on the rules. As I said, I wanted to keep them simple.

• Feel free to step out of your comfort zone with this one folks, but again, watch the nudity and tags!

0_1540951133105_d7091f7a-d72d-48e2-ac90-0429a4223392-image.png

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849
    Rebuild this in Poser?
    Can be made completely with what is included in the app.
    Hair room for the broomhairs, and good to go. LOL.
    0_1540993339307_dontdrinknddrive.jpg

• @eclark1849 said in The Poser Content Directory Render Challenge...:

...innovative ways to use Poser's Hair, Wind Force, and Cloth Sim or Bullet Physics features...

Does the 'innovative' mean that using Poser's Hair to do hair, Poser's Wind Force to do windy-type stuff, Poser's Cloth Sim for cloth, and Poser's Bullet Physics for doing bullets (and/or physics) are all ruled out ? ;o)

• @3dcheapskate Of course not. Just be creative.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849
    Examples of thinking outside of the box => Innovative ;

• Use the hair room for long grass.
    • Wind force to blow flags or curtains, or clothing.
    • Cloth room for hair.
    • Bullet for bouncing balls (or half balls, LOL) Or the collapse of a structure.
      just some idea's outside of the box..

• @vilters said in The Poser Content Directory Render Challenge...:

@eclark1849

• Cloth room for hair.
    • Bullet for bouncing balls (or half balls, LOL) Or the collapse of a structure.

How about the Hair Room for maggots ? A couple of weeks ago I put half a slightly over-ripe papaya from our garden in a box in the fridge. The next day when I opened it there were hundreds of tiny wiggly white things writhing around. My first thought was "Ooh, that looks like real-life Poser Hair!", followed rapidly by my second thought "I ate the other half of that yesterday..." ...

• Poser Ambassadors

@3dcheapskate said in The Poser Content Directory Render Challenge...:

@vilters said in The Poser Content Directory Render Challenge...:

@eclark1849

• Cloth room for hair.

How about the Hair Room for maggots ? A couple of weeks ago I put half a slightly over-ripe papaya from our garden in a box in the fridge. The next day when I opened it there were hundreds of tiny wiggly white things writhing around. My first thought was "Ooh, that looks like real-life Poser Hair!", followed rapidly by my second thought "I ate the other half of that yesterday..." ...

Oh...I just lost my coffee ...blaahhh!! :(

• I wonder if one could get Wind Force to affect Volumetric Scatter, so you could blow smoke (or vapour) in a character's face??? (I strongly suspect not)

• @anomalaus I think Volumetric Scatter is more of an optical illusion than a physical one.

• @eclark1849 well exactly, but one can dream. To have any influence on the scatter volume, you need a 3D function. None of the current ones in Poser are particularly amenable to deformation in the way that images can be deformed by math functions applied to their UV mapping. Maybe in the full cycles suite in Blender it could work, but not, I think, in this version of Poser.

Though I can do a creditable version of a smoke ring, that's just morphing the bounding volume, not affecting the scatter density within.

• Alright folks, as of midnight tonight, the challenge begins.

Please post your final renders here in this thread.

Be sure to start your post with the Title of your render.

You may enter as many times as you like, however, only one different person will win each prize.

• Poser Ambassadors

Exercise
    0_1541462475691_exercise.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

@vilters Thanks for finding my broom Tony. lol

I think this contest is great. Many possibilities to enter.

• Poser Ambassadors

@3dcheapskate NO WAY!!! I would put my fridge in the garbage, with the tiny Poser hair inside. lol

• @vilters have you actually tried to constrain Poser strand hair with a tight band like this? The last time I did this (which was probably back in Poser Pro 2014), I had absolutely no success! The hairs would not remain within the circlet but exploded out as soon as they came within collision range as I shrank the torus during simulation. All I was trying to do was make a loose Pony Tail with strand hair.

If you've had success doing so in P11, I'd really like to see your technique! Seriously!

I don't know whether it was because I had too low a mesh density on the torus (just a standard primitive) or too few verts per hair, but I could not make this work back then. I'd love to know if it's possible now, but I'd rather not waste more hours in a futile pursuit. Especially if it means being wedged in a tree ;-)

• @3dcheapskate said in The Poser Content Directory Render Challenge...:

@eclark1849 said in The Poser Content Directory Render Challenge...:

...innovative ways to use Poser's Hair, Wind Force, and Cloth Sim or Bullet Physics features...

Does the 'innovative' mean that using Poser's Hair to do hair, Poser's Wind Force to do windy-type stuff, Poser's Cloth Sim for cloth, and Poser's Bullet Physics for doing bullets (and/or physics) are all ruled out ? ;o)

Since you asked... innovative means using a prop in such a way it was not originally intended for. In this contest we will also extend that definition to include" does it look believable or realistic for the purpose you are using it/

• Hmmm... so far, this is beginning to look like the easiest contest I've ever judged.

• @eclark1849 a lot more preparation is required for this challenge ;-) or else everyone is glued to their newsfeeds waiting for the next sacking/subpoena/indictment/mass-natural-disaster before they return to their next mouthful of Kaptain Krunch. ;-)

• I've got one rendering, but apparently, Poser is too used to superfly and is taking its dear sweet time with a firefly render.